brand new rad...bottom third only warm not hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just had 2 brand new rads fitted...they both have brand new individual control valves fitted...but the rad in the living room the top & middle get as hot as we want it...but the bottom third of rad just gets just slightly over warm...i have tried turning heating off & bleeding all rads...and also tried giving it a bit of a hit..but it still stays just warm..any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
ps...its a doublerad and the back panel(one against the wall)does seem to get as hot as we want it as far as i can feel it anyway...thanks again

Why have you had 2 new rads fitted? The old ones corroded and leaked?

If so it could be sludge in your system that has happened to move into the new rad front panel.

Also a real outside shot is that the said rad is faulty. I have had a few that have been manufactured wrong and didn't allow flow through the entire rad.

Sponsored Links
hi again...firstly i was saying " how do i do that " to reply about balancing the system...secondly, the two rads that were replaced were rusting..but i think only from where i used to bleed them & not wipe off excess water that had run down the edges ( no signs of rust anywhere else just edges under bleed valves)..the guys who fitted the rads after draining system ( approx 3weeks ago) also added something to header tank to dispurse/breakdown any sludge etc( the water from the draining was blackish but not thick or sludgy) ....all the other rads in the house seem to work great...its just the living room one..also i thought the back panel of rad ( as its a double one) was fine but on rechecking it again it seems it the same as the front part...hot at top & middle but just over warm at bottom..also if it is sludge bult up..how do i clear that? or could it possibly be something else..again any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Why don't you call the installer back to sort it out? Fitting radiators isn't just a question of hanging them from the wall and connecting the pipes - it's also a matter of making sure that circulation is as it should be.

hi, i do intend to do that now...but just wanted to know if it could have been something simple i could have fixed myself..but does not look like it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back