breaking concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning on putting a wall round part of my garden, i gave work to a guy to do the foundations for a 3ft wall while i was away. When i came back he dug the foundations with a mini digger about 18 inch from the path and the foundations are 22 inch wide. I want to take the wall foundation right up to the path which is my boundry . I then want to take some of the existing foundation out. Whats best thing to break it up and would it weaken what is left.
[/b]

Sponsored Links
I have been recommended a Kango 2500 by the tool hire shop to break up this concrete, the guy who is going to do the brick work said get a hydraulic one if possible as the electric ones are not that good, is that wise advice or are the electric ones good enough for concrete 1ft thick

If the concrete isn't that old it won't be especially hard. My cheap electric breaker will do 1 foot of concrete so I can't see it being an issue.

Sponsored Links
It has been in around 8 days so I guess it will be hard but not fully

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back