Brexit extension needed for a deal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
EU wont ratify any deal in 2020, its too late

options now:

1) leave no deal, suffer chaos whilst deal is completed and ratified

2) have an extension whilst deal is completed and ratified
(Johnson can call it something other than an extension to transition to pacify the nutters)

Sponsored Links
Can't see the problem with an extension in extenuating circumstances, except it might now be against the law. The chaos of lockdown is enough on it's own without Brexit as well. The Brexiteers will get their wishes in the end, just not a good time now.

Can't see the problem with an extension in extenuating circumstances, except it might now be against the law.
Under current emergency legislation borisconi can do anything he wants...

Whether the EU want to carry on with this UK charade is another matter!

He'll have to decide what is worse, disappointing Brexiteers and seriously damaging the economy because of lockdown, or pleasing them and maybe total destruction. Is the potential chaos and damage worth it?

Sponsored Links
uCVHAMj.jpeg

Breaking news: Woody still hasnt twigged brexit is a con, he still thinks he wil wake up to sunlit uplands on the 1st Jan

DoPsRapXoAE6ON5.jpg

Can't see the problem with an extension in extenuating circumstances, except it might now be against the law. The chaos of lockdown is enough on it's own without Brexit as well. The Brexiteers will get their wishes in the end, just not a good time now.
Will Brexit happen with a deal eventually do you reckon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking news: Woody still hasnt twigged brexit is a con, he still thinks he wil wake up to sunlit uplands on the 1st Jan

DoPsRapXoAE6ON5.jpg

This is Brexit, not "The Walking Dead", "Sean of the Dead", "28 Days Later" or "World War Z" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doris will do whatever he thinks is in his best interests.

What he's been telling the country is irrelevant.

As we've seen, his supporters don't care.

according to all news outlets a deal could still be possible if agreements are made this week, both the uk mp's, and the european mep's have been asked to postpone plans and remain available for last minute voting on a deal.

apparently what is now stopping the deal is the level playing field, and the "ratchet" mechanism the EU wants implemented.

i'm pretty certain Boris will throw fishing under the bus if he needed, however the level playing field, i don't think bojo can forsake this, i believe the economy will need to be able to offer incentives, tax breaks, etc once brexit kicks in, so we can attract business and stop businesses from leaving,

This is Brexit Notch, not "The Walking Dead", "Sean of the Dead", "28 Days Later" or "World War Z" :rolleyes:

It is in Leave voting areas....gloomy swampy fests where every man is a clone of Mark Francois

Meanwhile remain voting areas are citadels full of poets and wizards.....and people who understand data

my will need to be able to offer incentives, tax breaks, etc once brexit kicks in, so we can attract business and stop businesses from leaving

Ah yes, we are arriving at the real purpose for Brexit.....deregulation.

Who do you think will benefit from tax breaks

It is in Leave voting areas....gloomy swampy fests where every man is a clone of Mark Francois
meanwhile remain voting areas are citadels full of poets and wizards.....and people who understand data
Well Notch, I've never been so actually properly worried on an individual level as I am now. The uncertainty and uncharted territory that nobody can predict is what worries me combined with the amount of money we now owe. What would happen if our borrowing interest rate suddenly shot up and now we've got an extra million people on benefits to pay for as well and however many more businesses go bust. It's all dreadfully worrying and I still haven't got my house finished properly

Sponsored Links
Back