Brexit Is a Complete failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
9F324A0D-3FEC-418F-93A8-9BCD17A13704.png
C1E03A9D-0BC7-4F99-A3D4-CBD5E89D7010.png

Sponsored Links
What an utter ****ing failure and embarrassment and **** up brexit is.
Sovereignty my ass. I notice only the retired get some strange satisfaction from a word that means nothing to those whose businesses Have failed and add it to the cost of living crisis you should be shamed.

British Volt didn't fail because of Brexit. It failed for the most basic reason. Somebody had an idea to build a factory that costs millions without understand who would buy the batteries it produced.

They'd be better off courting Elon Musk to turn it into a giga factory in the UK, now that China is not looking so good and the German one he's built has created a nightmare with the usual suspects (workers council).

The sad thing is that many of the 300 workers had taken pay cuts to keep their jobs and I doubt any will be entitled to redundancy.

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with brexit, but it was hailed as THE br exit success story.

different strokes again

You might want to look up the leadership on LinkedIn etc. serial failure-ists

not entirely unpredicted.

The high value and margin is in the intellectual property and design. Software is also vastly more profitable than hardware.

The Silicon Valley model is to own the whole supply chain. (E.g Tesla) but that doesn’t mean independent battery tech can’t thrive. I’m not sure it will however.

From the horse's mouth.

"“But trust me – I can smell it – we have suffered. We are the only economy I think in the G7, possibly in the G20, who has actually not yet recovered to pre-Covid levels. That tells you something."

British Volt didn't fail because of Brexit. It failed for the most basic reason. Somebody had an idea to build a factory that costs millions without understand who would buy the batteries it produced.
That's the last problem they'd have. Batteries are in massive demand at the moment. As long as you can produce it cheaply then they'll sell.

Also Tesla buy in loads of batteries.

The only hash is that there was no "no deal", which was the starting point for all and any negotiations, if you recall. At least a right wing paper is beginning to reflect rank and file tory voter anger. So what do we have as a political response? The right wing of the tori party calling for a bonfire of eu laws. Get ready for brexhit referendum part 2 .

Blup

Get ready for brexhit referendum part 2 .
Part three actually...

But hey, brexiteers can't count anyway...

Just like brexit doesn't add up, and never could!

Only the die hard xenophobes/racists are still believing in the brexit myth...

But luckily six years on many are no longer with us (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back