What plans has your business made for a hard Brexit next month?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A serious Brexit question (first time for everything!). Regardless if you want it or not, or if you think it will happen or not, has anybody made any plans to mitigate business failure in the event that we can no longer trade with Europe, and that ports might get blocked up slowing imports of products from China etc?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Truly hadn't thought of it until you asked the question but I've ordered some more Tipp-Ex and some Biro's as looking on the packaging, they are made by BIC in France. Oh, and I might have to get some car cleaning supplies if the car wash people go home. Thanks for the heads-up. Sorted - I'm ready. Bring it on. (y)

So you're not concerned about supply chain from Renault, Fiat, BMW, VW, Skoda, Mercedes, etc. etc.?

Not at all. 95% of my business is in training. Any parts I need for incidental repairs that I carry out are pattern parts. I can't remember the last time I bought a part from any main dealer. That goes for every garage /MOT stations that I know too.

Sponsored Links
95% of my business is in training.
I believe you have mentioned before that your students are accompanied?

Well according to the government, care services will be amongst the hardest hit given a no deal...

Have you prepared for the possibility of having nothing to do?

I believe you have mentioned before that your students are accompanied?

Well according to the government, care services will be amongst the hardest hit given a no deal...

Have you prepared for the possibility of having nothing to do?

Yep. I've been ready for retirement for the last two years but for a 20-hour week, the money is just too good at the moment to walk away from so I'm still riding that gravy train while its going nicely along the tracks, thanks. My students, whether 1:1 or 2:1 are accompanied by their tutors and not carers. . Actually, from next year, there will be more money being pumped into vocational education options for the type of students I deal with. I have no fingers in the 'care' pie, just the education one.

Last edited:
A serious Brexit question (first time for everything!). Regardless if you want it or not, or if you think it will happen or not, has anybody made any plans to mitigate business failure in the event that we can no longer trade with Europe, and that ports might get blocked up slowing imports of products from China etc?
Self employed...so a day in the bar celebrating

Can’t see much changing. Maybe stockpiling temporarily might make sense
How would you know.

You dont anything about single market access, rules of origin checks, phytosanitary contols, WTO most favoured nation status.

How about you come back and post something when you can make an informed judgement, instead of based on nout :ROFLMAO:

How would you know.

You dont anything about single market access, rules of origin checks, phytosanitary contols, WTO most favoured nation status.

How about you come back and post something when you can make an informed judgement, instead of based on nout :ROFLMAO:
Shame you didn't heed your own advice, before slapping your paw print on the voting slip. (y)

Sponsored Links
Back