Has the war in Ukraine changed your stance on Brexit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Were you pro or against Brexit originally and has the war made you, like me, think closer integration with Europe is all the more important in the world we're entering into.

It's Russia at the moment but we all know that at some point it will be China too some day.

Or do you feel that the UK is better positioned to deal with events like this as an independent entity, and why?

Sponsored Links
I though we left the EU, not NATO. Leaving the EU has no bearing on the defense of the UK.

I though we left the EU, not NATO. Leaving the EU has no bearing on the defense of the UK.

I never said anything about leaving NATO, the UN or anything else, I asked whether being a member of the EU makes us and them stronger against enemies like Russia, China or any other future aggressive power.

Individual Western European nations are relatively small with fairly low populations but together they make a much more formidable force.

I never said anything about leaving NATO, the UN or anything else, I asked whether being a member of the EU makes us and them stronger against enemies like Russia, China or any other future aggressive power.

Individual Western European nations are relatively small with fairly low populations but together they make a much more formidable force.

You did indeed and that is how most will take your OP.

In my judgement we, England is better off outside the EU. As just like reaching a decision on vaccines was done while the clowns in the EU argued over pricing/safety/etc our gov went ahead and took the risk with our the taxpayer's money. Re the invasion, we are better off out as that lot are looking towards us in England re their security. England has a history of ****-stirring etc, EG Iraq/WMD, Libya "we will be welcomed" with open arms and then we have Ireland.

So we are better off out and decide for ourselves what we do or not.

Btw, we'd be better off outside NATO as whe have the sea around GB and have nukes so just like Putin even when our gov is **** stirring, just remind them of the nukes.

Sponsored Links
One thing's certain, us leaving The EU will have pleased Mad Vlad. Disunity in Europe of any kind suits his purposes.

I voted Brexit and quickly realised my mistake. Probably about the time remainer and lying charlatan Doris changed his colours and went all out leave in his deperation to get the top job. How he has an 80 seat majority possibly says as much about the electorate as it does about the opposition. Doris must thank his lucky stars that Covid and now WW3 is helping mask the ongoing and worsening Brexit farce.

You forget we have the NUKE deterrent as clearly mentioned in my post, right!! EG Ms Putin warned the England re !interference "and his nukes that got everyone's attention, right!!

Ok!!

Makes no difference in this case.

You forget we have the NUKE deterrent as clearly mentioned in my post, right!! EG Ms Putin warned the England re !interference "and his nukes that got everyone's attention, right!!

Putin has 6000 nukes, some of which would flatten everything from Oxford Street to the M25.
We have 225 nukes.

Who has the deterrent?

One thing's certain, us leaving The EU will have pleased Mad Vlad. Disunity in Europe of any kind suits his purposes.

I voted Brexit and quickly realised my mistake.

To lay my cards on the table, I did too but I held onto the belief it was the right choice for autonomous decision making for a long time.

But the world today has also changed dramatically since that vote, Pandemics and the potential for all out war in Europe was a million miles from our thinking as everyone obsessed over nonsense culture war stuff. I feel like we lost track of the real world along the line.

Only a Little Englander would be so stupid as to refer to the UK/GB as "England" and imagine that 20 miles of water is a hindrance to thousands of nukes that Russia has

Russia can project long-range firepower via weapons such as the BM-30 Smerch multiple rocket launcher, with a range of 60 miles, or the SS-26 Iskander ballistic missile with a range of 250 miles.
In contrast, the U.S. Army’s M109A7 Paladin 155-mm self-propelled howitzer has a range of about 15 miles with regular shells, and 20 miles with rocket-assisted projectiles.
so assuming that the UK does not use air power or cruise style missiles, we could barely pop a round over the channel while the south east could be devastated.

Sponsored Links
Back