Has your relationship changed towards Russians ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A bit of a weird question.. my wife is Russian. Long story short we've been togather for 10 years met at school, went to Uni, have children. However, after Russian invasion of Ukraine, she feels like the Brits changed their relationship towards Russian Citizens, even though she lived here for 15 years, and totally against war. However, I can see she is very self concious now, always hesitant to say where she is from originally and feels that even our neighbours have changed their relationship towards her.

Furthermore, there was a plasterer who was doing our ceiling after my wife told him she is originally from Russia he stopped responding, I think he's just busy but again that got to her and made her very upset.

She is a GP and also feels like some of her patients have changed the way they speak to her.

I feel like it's nonesense and she just feels guilty for no reason and its all in her head but wanted to get your opinion or any advice :)

Sponsored Links
Hello Arch

Mine has not changed. Some of the nicest people I have met are Japanese and German. I never blame them for what their country did and I don't blame the Russian people.

I'm sure most decent people will hold the same veiw

OK honest opinion, personally no. However ive heard it lots of times, the place was nice but full of Russians who are arrogant and rude. You could however say the same about Americans etc. However in holiday resorts etc i have found Russians to be cold and normally unwilling to follow a universal protocol of politeness. I do know some Russian people and do get on very well with them, and in ways understand some of their behavioural traits. The invasion of Ukraine has not changed my view on Russian people at all, i feel sorry for them being ruled by such a tyrant.

A bit of a weird question.. my wife is Russian. Long story short we've been togather for 10 years met at school, went to Uni, have children. However, after Russian invasion of Ukraine, she feels like the Brits changed their relationship towards Russian Citizens, even though she lived here for 15 years, and totally against war. However, I can see she is very self concious now, always hesitant to say where she is from originally and feels that even our neighbours have changed their relationship towards her.

Furthermore, there was a plasterer who was doing our ceiling after my wife told him she is originally from Russia he stopped responding, I think he's just busy but again that got to her and made her very upset.

She is a GP and also feels like some of her patients have changed the way they speak to her.

I feel like it's nonesense and she just feels guilty for no reason and its all in her head but wanted to get your opinion or any advice :)

Sadly there is a tendency for people to forget Russians, refugees coming by boat, EU workers etc are all just people like us.

This dehumanisation has been driven by our divisive politics.

All I can say is your wife is probably lucky she isn’t Albanian.

Sponsored Links
Sadly there is a tendency for people to forget Russians, refugees coming by boat, EU workers etc are all just people like us.

This dehumanisation has been driven by our divisive politics.

All I can say is your wife is probably lucky she isn’t Albanian.

You just need an opportunity.

Be nice for once

I don’t know any Russians ?

Don’t recall having ever met a Russian ( that I am aware of)

Some in here are of the opinion that Russians have secretly taken over the UK

Yes exactly :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure your wife could simply tell people she's Ukrainian.. Most the pig **** thick ignorant xenophones she's surrounded by won't appreciate the difference anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back