Has the war in Ukraine changed your stance on Brexit?

This ukranian caper has got nowt to do with brexit

absolutely zilch

Although I do note that the UK started to supply weapons to the Ukraine way before the Russians invaded ;)

the EU were some what late to the party ;)

miscalculated probably read humanitarians ball cocks :ROFLMAO:
Look above for a prime example of a Putin puppet! He lapped up the anti EU rhetoric like other easily manipulated sheep that voted Brexit and were told and triggered to weaken Europe. Fair play to Ukraines fierce resistance. Manipulating an easily triggered West with Brexit and Trump easy! He didn’t expect a fierce resistance from the Ukraine though.
Brexit Muppets!

Sponsored Links
Why do people still fear immigrants?

I'm aware of the old "we're all immigrants" chestnut. I'm more worried about the stabby, groomy types that we seem to be overburdened with.

I'm not totally against all immigration - especially legal ones who really have something tangeable to offer The UK. But what are the limits for numbers? The biggest problem - we're full! Ex coucil terraces going for £300K near me. Where will our young live? Where will the immigrants live? Also, we're bust. What is our debt - £2 trillion? The country can't afford itself - it's been going down for decades but accelerating now.

Last edited:
Jeez us wept

according to some in here (fruit cakes)

every one who voted brexit was some how bombarded with Russian propaganda to influence there vote :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

well same could be said about the Scots who want to vote for independance in any future referendum they will all be influenced by Russian propaganda

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

after all putin would like the break up of the UK

last referendum vote they had was probably influenced by the Russians ( all those who voted for it )

blimey perhaps the SNP have Russian insurgents in there ranks

Last edited:
Welsh independance movement

Suspect Russians :ROFLMAO:

NI to rejoin Southern Ireland
Influenced by the Russians :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Jeez us wept

according to some in here (fruit cakes)

every one who voted brexit was some how bombarded with Russian propaganda to influence there vote :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

well same could be said about the Scots who want to vote for independance in any future referendum they will all be influenced by Russian propaganda

after all putin would like the break up of the UK

last referendum vote they had was probably influenced by the Russians ( all those who voted for it )

blimey perhaps the SNP have Russian insurgents in there ranks

They probably would to be fair and why not?

Disrupts the UKs nuclear deterrent, weakens the UK... pretty sure they would do it if they could see routes to do it.

Simply put, Europe including the UK itself requires closer integration, not less integration. Conspiratorial talk of globalisation, the new world order and "International Elite" are all just silly talk which looks exactly like Putin Propaganda. It used to be a small minority who engaged in this kind of thing, it was a step along from 9/11 Truther conspiracies and two steps from Flat Earth Theory but now with the perfectly exploitable social media, it has become endemic.

We are living in a world where we can't even combat a pandemic effectively or agree on the most basic things because of this brain disease, whatever you want to call it.

One of the biggest fears I've had in recent years that our nations wouldn't even be able to pull together in the event of a serious war looks to be actualising. There is a not insignificant percentage of people in the west who are just gladly propagating Russias justification and propaganda for invading a peaceful sovereign neighbour... and it seems impossible to get through to them. They'll repeat the NATO expansion stuff they'll repeat the DeNazification stuff, the Genocide in the Eastern Provinces stuff.. it's f'kin wild.

If we can't come together on an issue like this, which is existential for us here in the west, then we are truly lost.

I'm aware of the old "we're all immigrants" chestnut. I'm more worried about the stabby, groomy types that we seem to be overburdened with.

Nobody wants criminals, but immigrants are not more likely to be criminal than natives. At the moment we are talking about mostly mothers with their children needing refuge anyway, unlikely to start a life of crime.

Germans are not ashamed of their country, quite the opposite.
They are ashamed of their WW history.
Unlike UK, they recognise and accept their historical mistakes, they do not deny them, and they try not to repeat them.
Indeed...

Part of their compulsory school history curriculum deals with the atrocities committed in their past...

And nearly all students have either visited a concentration camp or a Holocaust memorial or museum...

Unlike in the UK, where the atrocities of the 'british empire' barely gets basic lip service!

Indeed...

Part of their compulsory school history curriculum deals with the atrocities committed in their past...

And nearly all students have either visited a concentration camp or a Holocaust memorial or museum...

Unlike in the UK, where the atrocities of the 'british empire' barely gets basic lip service!

IMO, their shame of WW2 has left them weak... I'm overjoyed that Olaf Scholz has finally made the decision to invest properly in their military. Europe doesn't benefit from a weak Germany.

As for teaching our kids about the Empire and the horrors of the slave trade, I think this is a myth that kids aren't taught this. Who really isn't aware that the Empire was responsible for bad things or that the slave trade existed and was a horrendous affront to humanity?

I don't see what utility there is in teaching the next generation of kids to despise their own country, what do we gain from this?

How much of their curriculum do you think should be devoted to teaching them the horrors of the Empire?

Is there room for teaching about the benefits the Empire has brought them and certain parts of the world too?

Would it be taught in the context of the progression of history from the Greeks, Romans, Persians, Ottomans and Egyptians to what became the rise of colonial powers in Western Europe ... or just "Empire Bad"?

Ahh, so the British Empire now gets the 'Ellal treatment'.

You clearly hate our country. Why are you still here?

Ahh, so the British Empire now gets the 'Ellal treatment'.

You clearly hate our country. Why are you still here?
Aww bless...

Another fruit loop who believes that the UK/Britain can do no wrong and all it's past atrocities should be swept under the carpet! (n)

Nobody wants criminals, but immigrants are not more likely to be criminal than natives. At the moment we are talking about mostly mothers with their children needing refuge anyway, unlikely to start a life of crime.

To be clear, I have no problem with Ukranian refugees - as they have a genuine claim to refugee status. With two caveats though - that numbers are limited and they return home as soon as their country is safe.

As for teaching our kids about the Empire and the horrors of the slave trade, I think this is a myth that kids aren't taught this. Who really isn't aware that the Empire was responsible for bad things or that the slave trade existed and was a horrendous affront to humanity?
You have proof of this?

I don't see what utility there is in teaching the next generation of kids to despise their own country, what do we gain from this?
It's not about teaching kids to 'despise their country', it's about teaching a balanced history warts and all...

How much of their curriculum do you think should be devoted to teaching them the horrors of the Empire?
Enough...

Is there room for teaching about the benefits the Empire has brought them and certain parts of the world too?
What benefits are you talking about?

Should they not be taught that the supposed 'benefits' you will no doubt claim will have come about by exploitation of other nations?

And what other countries who usually lost their sovereignty got benefits from the empire?

Millions died to keep a few people rich, and enhance the class system in this country!

To be clear, I have no problem with Ukranian refugees - as they have a genuine claim to refugee status. With two caveats though - that numbers are limited and they return home as soon as their country is safe.
The number is a difficult one to work out...

All I would say is that the UK should take it's fair share...

And I am pretty certain that they will want to return home whenever possible.

Sponsored Links
Back