Has the war in Ukraine changed your stance on Brexit?

It's now considered dirty for those that reside in the UK to have nationalistic pride

17.4m people showed no nationalistic pride by voting for something that has put a customs border inside the United Kingdom. Those people are treacherous traitors.

Sponsored Links
Being a proud independent nation has made Ukraine a fierce fighter; cancelling nationhood and being ashamed of your country has made Germany a weakling.
Germans are not ashamed of their country, quite the opposite.
They are ashamed of their WW history.
Unlike UK, they recognise and accept their historical mistakes, they do not deny them, and they try not to repeat them.

To lay my cards on the table, I did too but I held onto the belief it was the right choice for autonomous decision making for a long time.

But the world today has also changed dramatically since that vote, Pandemics and the potential for all out war in Europe was a million miles from our thinking as everyone obsessed over nonsense culture war stuff. I feel like we lost track of the real world along the line.

I agree. I allowed myself to listen to idiots with BS agendas. We got complacent and forgot that institutions like EU, Nato, Europe as a whole needs us on the inside and we need them. We need to be influencing and supporting, economically, militarily - not acting like spoilt kids and sending people like Farage as an MEP to acts as class clown. We have belittled ourselves in the eyes of the world.

The Visegrad 4 countries have shown the way in The EU - good members, but also protecting their cultures and citizens for example by not yielding to pressure for mass immigration of alien cultures. This shows we were lied to with Brexit, because the V4 countries demonstrate you can both be a good EU member and control your borders and safeguard your culture. V4 countries espcially are a force for good in Europe, and at this time one of them - Poland - is stepping up and doing all it can for it's neighbour Ukraine.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The Visegrad 4 countries have shown the way in The EU - good members, .... the V4 countries demonstrate you can both be a good EU member and control your borders and safeguard your culture. V4 countries espcially are a force for good in Europe, and at this time one of them - Poland - is stepping up and doing all it can for it's neighbour Ukraine.
You can't claim that Hungary is a good EU member. That would be tantamount to false propaganda.
During his decade in power, Orban has promoted an “eastern opening” of close business and political ties to Russia, while blocking Ukraine’s Nato and EU ambitions
https://www.ft.com/content/4f1a05cb-f879-43bc-84f0-ce2fd6880033
Viktor Orban is as bad as Boris for speaking with forked tongue. And he's very nearly as bad as Lukashenko in Belarus.

He has decimated democracy in Hungary:
But there is a line between using emergency powers and outright authoritarianism—one that Hungary has undoubtedly crossed. With this week’s passage of a law effectively removing any oversight and silencing any criticism of the Hungarian government, Prime Minister Viktor Orbán can now rule by decree for an indefinite period of time.
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...r-orban-coronavirus-covid19-democracy/609313/

To answer the Thread headline question - NO!

It was the possibly the most internationally damaging act this country has done in my lifetime.

mass immigration of alien cultures

Can you imagine Britain without all that alien culture? Britain became a world leading trader thanks to the immigrants that came here. Much of the food, beer, entertainment we all lover was brought here by immigrants, along with business, banking, money...

If it wasn't for aliens, we wouldn't have had the Mini, M&S, curry, pizza & pasta, fish and chips, music, art, or the NHS.

And, we are all immigrants really. Only time makes people "British" or "English" - we all came across from Europe, Middle East and Africa hundreds and thousands of years ago.

Why do people still fear immigrants?

17.4m people showed no nationalistic pride by voting for something that has put a customs border inside the United Kingdom. Those people are treacherous traitors.
Were you one of those 17.4m treacherous traitor people who showed no nationalistic pride by any chance Notch?

And don't forget it was your vote that screwed everyone you two faced ****.

Were you one of those 17.4m treacherous traitor people who showed no nationalistic pride by any chance Notch?
No, I didn’t vote Johnson or his treacherous deal, although you did.

10 years hard Labour for you - I hear Russia’s a popular destination right now :ROFLMAO:

No, I didn’t vote Johnson or his treacherous deal, although you did.

10 years hard Labour for you - I hear Russia’s a popular destination right now :ROFLMAO:
Back-pedalling now eh? 17.4m of us voted to leave the UK and you were one on them.

I seem to recall you are an ardent Brexit supporter - at least I’ve learnt it’s a pile of poo.
You recall nothing of my vote as you were elsewhere trying to convince all and sundry to vote leave. Strange thing is once that worked you changed forums and started to bat for the other side while calling those that followed your advice traitors. What prize ahole you are.

This ukranian caper has got nowt to do with brexit

absolutely zilch

Although I do note that the UK started to supply weapons to the Ukraine way before the Russians invaded ;)

the EU were some what late to the party ;)

miscalculated probably read humanitarians ball cocks :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back