Brexit benefits

There have been several York stone patios stolen in this area

yep organised gangs have actually turned up and lifted York stone patios :eek: whilst people are away

war memorial site on a main road had there’s lifted

in some cases it’s gone on over a period of days :confused:

( it’s specific to York stone)

I don’t live in a high crime area either

Sponsored Links
I genuinely do not know anybody, not one, of friends, family or work colleagues¹ who have ever been robbed, burgled, etc.

Maybe transman mixes with the wrong crowd.

¹ Yes, its possible that some could have been and I wouldnt necessarily know, but certainly nobody I ever worked closely with had been.

well get out more than and actually communicate with people

With a list that long, it certainly reads like on, maybe nobody bothers reporting the crimes?

The website lists here as a very low crime area, neighbours who act like neighbours.

Three of those incidents occurred when I was living in different parts of the UK

One of them happened while I was on a journey to a different place

Two of them happened in the next village.

None of them high crime areas.

I don't know where the two drivers lived.

Our allotments we’re broken into recently. All the gooseberries on one bush were taken along with a bag of compost.

Sponsored Links
Plumbers van pinched last week 4 miles up
The road

they got the van back minus tools and other equipment will probably be sold at some car boot ?? Meet

van ( transit) had the ign switch smashed off

I witnessed somebody pay for their order in McDonalds and then do a runner without collecting their food. Wait a minute…….(n)

Plumbers van pinched last week 4 miles up
The road

they got the van back minus tools and other equipment will probably be sold at some car boot ?? Meet

van ( transit) had the ign switch smashed off

Must have been an old one, modern vehicles need more than just the ignition switch bypassed.

Then if it was stolen without a key, someone (the owner) must have fixed the inhibiter chip close the the ignition barrel to bypass it.

well what ever they did it got pinched

there is probably some tech course running in prisons on by passing car security systems ?

well what ever they did it got pinched

there is probably some tech course running in prisons on by passing car security systems ?

The slightly older ones need the key, or the ignition lock bypassed, plus the inhibiter chip to be in close proximity to the barrel, so the correct code can be read. They can scan from a distance to get the lock/unlock codes, then get in the car, but still be prevented from taking the car by the engine ECU's inhibiter system.

The chip is the size of a grain of rice, needs no battery power and fits in the ignition key. When a key no longer works, their owners take the chip out, tape it near the lock, then any key which fits can be used to start it, or in fact the lock broken and it 'hot wired'. Which I guess happened to the van.

The latest push button start ones just need the owner with the 'keys' to be near the car, to unlock and start it. They can scan from a distance to do that, hence so many upmarket modern cars taken from the drive - so much less secure than the earlier system.

Then if it was stolen without a key, someone (the owner) must have fixed the inhibiter chip close the the ignition barrel to bypass it.

That's what I thought. Even my 2004 Scudo has to have the key with built in chip in the ignition for the van's brain to cooperate. 'Persuading' the barrel with a lump hammer won't get you anywhere.

Last edited:
If they can bypass the security system on the latest Range Rovers and Jags, they can bypass a tranny van. A three week old Jag F-Pace was stolen off of a drive from my street only last weekend. Loads of RR's go missing round here - they’ve tried twice to pinch my mates Range Rover Autobiography, both times alerted by his dogs so he now has it alarmed, tracked, steering lock and keeps it under a tailor made car cover! I couldn’t be arsed!

If they smashed the lock off, they may have done what they do with bikes when they nick them - tow them away to somewhere quieter to ransack or Hotwire.

Sponsored Links
Back