Brexit benefits

Sponsored Links
How much UK tax did you pay when you were propping up apartheid?

How have you calculated 'x'?

What is your definition of "getting back"?

I don’t know.
Well if you dont know how you "calculated" x, and you dont know what your definition of "getting back" is, how can you know whether you have "got back" more than you paid in?

I mean, surely, surely, you arent taking the utterly facile approach of only looking at cash benefits paid to you?

Sponsored Links
Well if you dont know how you "calculated" x, and you dont know what your definition of "getting back" is, how can you know whether you have "got back" more than you paid in?

I mean, surely, surely, you arent taking the utterly facile approach of only looking at cash benefits paid to you?
Well I could probably tell you to the penny what I’ve had in furlough payments since I have been getting them but I haven’t a clue how much I’ve paid in income tax, vat, corporation tax, National insurance, stamp duty, dividend tax etc etc since I started work in 1978. All I know is it’s not as much as those taxes so therefore a fraction. I will also be paying a substantial amount of capital gains tax when I eventually sell my business premises. My post was in response to this post from chief furlough hater ellal: "Like lining your pockets with taxpayers money for doing nothing?" It was asking about cash benefits. My response was about cash I had paid into the system over at least 45 years or so. I don’t know exact figures. JohnD seems hung up on the year or so I spent working abroad for some reason. I don’t know how old you are but if you were getting furlough payments would they be a less or more than you’ve paid in during your working life so far?

My post was in response to this post from chief furlough hater ellal: "Like lining your pockets with taxpayers money for doing nothing?"
So who is going to pay for your ill gotten gains?
I had paid into the system over at least 45 years or so.
And you were paying into the pensions of your elders, not for yourself.

Who is going to pay for your state pension and healthcare?

Look at your kids and grandchildren, and then explain to them your spiv behaviour !

So who is going to pay for your I’ll gotten gains?

Furlough payments you mean.
You and your family. Mind you, that’ll only be for as long as you remain in the U.K. So, forever then because your partners country doesn't want you. :whistle:

Well I could probably tell you to the penny what I’ve had in furlough payments since I have been getting them but I haven’t a clue how much I’ve paid in income tax, vat, corporation tax, National insurance, stamp duty, dividend tax etc etc since I started work in 1978. All I know is it’s not as much as those taxes so therefore a fraction. I will also be paying a substantial amount of capital gains tax when I eventually sell my business premises. My post was in response to this post from chief furlough hater ellal: "Like lining your pockets with taxpayers money for doing nothing?" It was asking about cash benefits. My response was about cash I had paid into the system over at least 45 years or so. I don’t know exact figures. JohnD seems hung up on the year or so I spent working abroad for some reason. I don’t know how old you are but if you were getting furlough payments would they be a less or more than you’ve paid in during your working life so far?
But the point is you cant look on furlough payments in isolation.

Over the years you have also got back safety and security by having a police force whihc has prevented you, your family, your employees and your paying customers from being attacked, robbed etc.

Youve got back the benefits of an education system.

Youve got back the benefits of a health service.

Youve got back the benefits of there being roads and railways.

The list goes on and on of all the things youve got back which have created an environment where you can actually have, and sustain, a business in the first place.

Furlough payments you mean.
You and your family. Mind you, that’ll only be for as long as you remain in the U.K. So, forever then because your partners country doesn't want you. :whistle:
Well I can't help you out with you being an ignorant w*nker...

But I can tell you this...

Karma always catches up with you...

And I'll be having a bloody good laugh!

But the point is you cant look on furlough payments in isolation.

Over the years you have also got back safety and security by having a police force whihc has prevented you, your family, your employees and your paying customers from being attacked, robbed etc.

Youve got back the benefits of an education system.

Youve got back the benefits of a health service.

Youve got back the benefits of there being roads and railways.

The list goes on and on of all the things youve got back which have created an environment where you can actually have, and sustain, a business in the first place.

Plod
Stopped people being robbed :ROFLMAO:

Pretty much every adult / person in the UK has been robbed / burgaled ect

so paying taxes for that were a complete failure

blimey I should ask as to how much tax I have paid out to plod so they can stop people being robbed

I should get a rebate ;)

plus how much have I paid in tax to fund the NHS to provide gender counselling ? I should get a rebate for that as well as it is basically a fruit cake benefit tax ;)

how much tax have I paid out so some students can study some mamby pamby nonsense :?:

But I can tell you this...

Karma always catches up with you...
Yer. So you keep saying. It’s getting boring now. <yawn>

145C4A32-713F-4495-80B3-17DD4419210A.png

Yeah, but how many times? Once in a lifetime, or every week?

dunno about every week dare say the hard working g corner shop owner is robbed on a regular basis

vans broken into
Had mine done a few times all the power tools probably bought by those attending car boot sales

or those buying cheap on eBay

how much of that kit is pinched

Than I have to pay taxes to fund institutions that employ 10 people to do a job that should take no more than 2 people ( max) to do

Sponsored Links
Back