george soros funding anti-brexit campaign

I hope vinty will not be unleashing his antisemitism again, as well as his hatred of foreigners.

Sponsored Links
Well, hopefully just a poor choice of words. The fact he is/was Jewish has absolutely no bearing on this.

Sponsored Links
On some of Soros's websites, he declares himself to be a Hungarian, and on others, he describes himself as coming from a Jewish background. Many Jews and Muslims define themselves by their religion as well as their ethnicity, so It's not actually a comment on his religion by Vinty whatsoever.

Only in your eyes John, only in your eyes. If I was speaking to him, and called him just a Hungarian, he would most likely correct me, and say he was a Hungarian Jew.

It's not actually a comment on his religion by Vinty whatsoever.
The point of discussion was the nationalities of the two people in question and hugely relevant at the time. Their religion was completely irrelevant especially and when you consider he singled out only the Jewish one.

You are incredibly naïve Doggit.

Why do you make a point of posting the religion of only the Jew?
Because that is how he describes himself
It does for Vinty.
Why are you trying to make an issue out of a non issue, George Soros is a self described person of Hungarian/Jewish ethnicity,
My wifes Grandfather was born in Baghdad because Iraq was under the Ottoman empire he held a Turkish passport because he was Jewish he didn't regard himself as either Iraqi or Turkish.
Jewish is an ethno/religious term and can be used in a religious or ethnic sense , I was was using the term in the latter sense.
Another example to illustrate my point could be the Duke of Wellington ,as he was born in Ireland and his family had been there for centuries he could be fairly described as Irish however because he was by religion a Protestant he is more often described as Anglo/Irish ,and as he once said himself, being born in a stable doesn't make you a horse.
So hope I have explained to your satisfaction my use of the term Hungarian Jew.

The point of discussion was the nationalities of the two people in question and hugely relevant at the time. Their religion was completely irrelevant especially and when you consider he singled out only the Jewish one.

You are incredibly naïve Doggit.
I am not aware of Gina Miller's religion,is it really that relevent.

Because that is how he describes himself
The discussion steered towards nationality. I describe myself as having a large hooter. For the point of discussion however I would say I was British and the other chap was Hungarian and definitely not British. We didn't need to know whether he was a Jew or not. Totally irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
Back