george soros funding anti-brexit campaign

George Soros ???

I can only find sources listing his citizenship of Hungary & USA.

the other chap was Hungarian and definitely not British.
Sorry, I took this as Soros having British citizenship:
upload_2018-2-18_22-44-22.png

Sponsored Links
I hope vinty will not be unleashing his antisemitism again, as well as his hatred of foreigners.
That is a deranged statement,I don't hate anyone,well not everyone,your intolerance is quite disturbing actually.

It's the inevitable hypocricy of those at the top, combined with the pragmatic approach of hedging your bets, and keeping your options open. Pretty sensible really. Look at all the English that have applied for Irish passports.

And funnily enough amongst those English applying for Irish passports are I believe around 10 MP's/Lords - so far.

A sensible approach indeed. And I'm sure that were this option open to all those who voted to leave, many (if not a majority of them) would do the same in order to protect their own 'personal circumstances'!

And funnily enough amongst those English applying for Irish passports are I believe around 10 MP's/Lords - so far.

A sensible approach indeed. And I'm sure that were this option open to all those who voted to leave, many (if not a majority of them) would do the same in order to protect their own 'personal circumstances'!
It is a shame that this option is not open to all those that voted 'remain'.

Sponsored Links
It is a shame that this option is not open to all those that voted 'remain'.
I wouldn't be surprised if in future a European 'passport' is offered in addition to a national one.

Sadly though there would be no way of preventing leavers from getting their grubby little mitts on one!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if in future a European 'passport' is offered in addition to a national one.
Possibly, but at a price.
There is a case going before the ECJ about whether existing EU citizens can be deprived of their EU citizenship.
Quite a stir has been generated by the decision of a Dutch court to make a reference to the Court of Justice of the European Union on the issue of the EU citizenship rights of UK nationals post-Brexit.
https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/201...hts-of-uk-nationals-and-the-court-of-justice/

Incorrect then :)
Are you still trying to prove a point? :rolleyes:
Goggle it.
Here I have done it for you:
In general, to be a national is to be a member of a state. Nationality is acquired by birth or adoption, marriage, or descent (the specifics vary from country to country). Having a nationality is crucial for receiving full recognition under international law.
In the case of nationality being "where you were born" it is obvious to everyone (well nearly everyone :rolleyes: ) that George Soros was not born in Hungary, USA and UK!
He emigrated from Hungary to UK, where he was educated, started work, etc, etc.

Just for you I will state a fact, intentionally wrong, so you can have your desire to correct me, fulfilled. :ROFLMAO: :

Here you go:
It was barmy 45°C in Weston Super Mare today. :rolleyes: and the tide never went out all day. :rolleyes:
Spot the deliberate mistakes.

In the case of nationality being "where you were born" it is obvious to everyone (well nearly everyone :rolleyes: ) that George Soros was not born in Hungary, USA and UK!
He emigrated from Hungary to UK, where he was educated, started work, etc, etc.

Just for you I will state a fact, intentionally wrong, so you can have your desire to correct me, fulfilled.

oh dear oh dear, Wannabe is at it again. youve been found to be wrong but when questioned you then give an explanation proving something else.......

You stated Soros hold British citizenship.....and you then go on to try and prove he is a British national

But just to be clear; George Soros and Gina Miller hold British citizenship.

you dont seem to be able to google the relevant facts here is some information to help you:

You may be able to register as a British citizen if you’re a British national and can prove that you don’t have any other citizenship or nationality.

You’ll need to be a:

You’ll get citizenship ‘by descent’ if your application is successful. Your children won’t automatically become British citizens if born outside the UK.

Soros may well be a British citizen, but thats not the same as being described as a UK national

Possibly, but at a price.
There is a case going before the ECJ about whether existing EU citizens can be deprived of their EU citizenship.
https://ukconstitutionallaw.org/201...hts-of-uk-nationals-and-the-court-of-justice/
Of course it will be at a price.

But then Brexiteers have already cost us a small fortune, so a chance to have the possibility to escape the Brexitannic when it finally goes down could be a worthwhile investment!

As for that court case, hopefully I am wrong but I have a feeling it will be a can kicked down the road long enough for it to become irrelevant due to a time constrained 'fait accompli'.

PS. Not sure where you're getting your 'wiki info' from about Soros's citizenship, 'cos here it states only US/Hungarian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros

PS. Not sure where you're getting your 'wiki info' from about Soros's citizenship, 'cos here it states only US/Hungarian
Wiki lists him as US/Hungarian, when they state his citizenship. They don't feel the need to add the word 'Jew' either, even if that is how he may describe himself. Perhaps because it has nowt to do with describing his citizenship?
Maybe Vinty would describe him as a Jewish Man.U. fan when asked about his football allegiance?
Maybe Vinty would describe him as a Jewish opera lover or a Jewish antiques collector, when asked about his love of arts etc.
Perhaps Vinty now knows how stupid his statement sounded.(y)

Last edited:
PS. Not sure where you're getting your 'wiki info' from about Soros's citizenship, 'cos here it states only US/Hungarian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros
As I said in my previous post:
Sorry, I took this as Soros having British citizenship:
View attachment 136796
That information is from google, when searched for "George Soros residence".
I made the assumption that nationality and citizenship were interchangeable. Apparently the distinction is blurred.
A British national is entitled to UK citizenship, which is a legal status. (I am aware of the British National Overseas but that is not the case in this instance) Nationality is, apparently, not a legal status, more of a birthright. Perhaps citizenship can be relinquished or removed, nationality cannot. Whether they (British nationals) actually take up the option of citizenship is for them to choose. I assume it is simply a matter of applying for a passport, although some countries do not allow dual/multiple citizenship/passports. This is not the case with UK. UK does allow multiple citizenship.
As I said before, I cannot understand how someone can have more than one nationality, if it is your place of birth. So the distinction is obscure.
There is no international convention which determines the nationality or citizen status of a person. Citizenship status is defined exclusively by national laws, which can vary and can conflict.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_citizenship

Of course my (or anyone else's) source could be incorrect.

David Davis says that Brexile would not be as bad as life in a Mad Max movie.
When a politician finds it necessary to point out what something 'won't be like', then invariably that will be the actual outcome!

As I said before, I cannot understand how someone can have more than one nationality, if it is your place of birth. So the distinction is obscure.
It is indeed a puzzle. However although nationality is supposed to be defined from your place of birth, some countries allow you to be dual national even if you don't have dual citizenship and weren't born in that country! Some merely require you to be 'registered ' inside the country of a parent (in the case of a mixed nationality marriage) within a certain period after birth - as a couple of members of our family were.

Sponsored Links
Back