A Novel Idea of Brexit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's a bit late now, but how about this for a new kind of Brexit:

We leave the CU, and the SM, just as TM promised, but we allow the continued free movement of people, on the same lines as we had prior to Brexit. I.e. out of the Schengen area, the CTA for the island of Ireland, and the UK, etc

The exit from the CU and SM would allow UK to strike these new FTAs around the world and realise this glorious enrichment that was promised.
The free movement of people allows the UK economy to continue to grow and benefit from this movement of labour. I accept, of course, that it would not completely resolve the backstop issue. But with such a massive compromise the EU would be falling over themselves to compromise also.

So it's a Brexit for business and for people!

What d'ya think?

Sponsored Links
I know it's a bit late now, but how about this for a new kind of Brexit:

We leave the CU, and the SM, just as TM promised, but we allow the continued free movement of people, on the same lines as we had prior to Brexit. I.e. out of the Schengen area, the CTA for the island of Ireland, and the UK, etc

The exit from the CU and SM would allow UK to strike these new FTAs around the world and realise this glorious enrichment that was promised.
The free movement of people allows the UK economy to continue to grow and benefit from this movement of labour. I accept, of course, that it would not completely resolve the backstop issue. But with such a massive compromise the EU would be falling over themselves to compromise also.

So it's a Brexit for business and for people!

What d'ya think?
No

Sponsored Links
Contribute to EU projects that benefit the UK

Still have access to Single Market

Still have free movement of people, goods, services..

No say in EU Laws

No membership fee

but we allow the continued free movement of people, on the same lines as we had prior to Brexit. I.e. out of the Schengen area,

What happens to popular 'everyone who voted leave is racist' narrative then?

What happens to popular 'everyone who voted leave is racist' narrative then?

It's a slogan that Brexer's continue to use, as a straw man that they can deride.

Not everyone who voted leave is a racist. Many of them just don't like foreigners.

Why? It's a fair point he made.

I'd imagine he was fizzing with discontent that the narrative would be shot to pieces and that was the best he could think of.

Bit like when BAS says, "you're not very good at this".

Thanks.

So racists. Or are you going to be pedantic and insist we refer to them as xenophobes?

I've never claimed that ALL brexers meet one or more of your categories. Doubtless there are some that don't.

In the same way that not all four legged animals are horses.

Sponsored Links
Back