The New Brexit deal

What's the whole Tracy / Theresa thing? Are people under the misguided belief that there is a defamation issue/protection available by either using the real name or a false name?

Sponsored Links
I'm getting sick of all this doom-mongering over Brexit. We'll get the deal we want albeit right at the last minute. I cant remember the last time all known 'experts' were forecasting total meltdown and collapse of just about everything.

Oh wait, yes I can. It was the Y2K thingy where banks were going to crash, hospitals stop working, planes were going to drop out of the skies, all our PC's were going to go into meltdown etc. Remind me, what actually happened at midnight on December 31st 1999? We all had a party, that's what happened and the following day, everything was normal.

I'm getting sick of all this head-in-the-sand, ignore-the-truth over Brexit. We've had over two years and haven't even decided yet what we want. No chance of getting it, then.

It should have been handled like Y2K, ten years of study, analysis and preparation by serious, competent people, who knew what had to be done and were clear in their objectives and processes, with a great deal of increased effort in the five years before the event, resulting in a fairly smooth handover.

Only ignorant buffoons imagine these things get done by magic and no effort.

Unfortunately all the people that could have carried out the analysis, preparation and had clear objectives of what Britain should do weren't available at the time.

They were too busy plumbing, plastering, building or whatever they did as well as posting on internet forums.

Those ministers and special advisers might think they know what they are doing but could they pull pints, drive a cab, join a couple of bits of copper pipe together or paper a wall? No chance...….

Sponsored Links
Those ministers and special advisers might think they know what they are doing….

I doubt it

And the special advisers and others who had a clue were liable to get sacked for saying things Tracy didn't want to hear.

I cant remember the last time all known 'experts' were forecasting total meltdown and collapse of just about everything
Back end of 2008 I think it was. We are still feeling the hangover from that now.(y)

It was the Y2K thingy where banks were going to crash, hospitals stop working, planes were going to drop out of the skies, all our PC's were going to go into meltdown etc. Remind me, what actually happened at midnight on December 31st 1999? We all had a party, that's what happened and the following day, everything was normal.
Those that were unaware of the work that had been done to avoid the potential for disaster, had a party and went home.
Others, the IT professionals, had been working flat out in the last few weeks updating the OS on all PCs and servers.
Many still worked until after midnight to ensure the servers were operating normally, etc.

One of the main problems was that the old OS only used two digits for date references.
Therefore, to use a simple analogy, those born in, say 1900, (the OS on servers, PCs etc would use just 00) would be considered too young for their pension, because the system (the OS) would see them as just born.
Obviously, there were far more serious potential events than someone not being entitled to their pension.
A plan taking off on 31 December 1999 (the OS would read only 99) would not have departed for another 100 years, so therefore was not due to land for another 100 years. The computers would be totally confused, and may well have 'hung', with anything that was recorded to have occurred in 2000. (Was it 100 years ago, or this year, or not due for another 100 years?) Certainly it would have been chaotic sorting it all out manually.

Most of the software at the time used the same date format as the OS.

But this has been explained before. It does not stop people making the same old arguments time and time again.

Well the 'new deal' (which version number is this?) doesn't look like it would be a winner with the septics...
Not that they are lining up to oblige us anyway!

"No 10 refuses to deny May's Brexit plan would limit scope for trade deal with US"

What we need is a Thatcher swinging her handbag may be John D and knows nowt could go in there in drag and swing their handbags ....

What we need is a Thatcher swinging her handbag may be John D and knows nowt could go in there in drag and swing their handbags ....

Although Thatcher helped in the creation of the single market

TM has revealed parts of the new plan for a new Brexit arrangement:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44719576

To draw an analogy, it goes something like this:
Suppose there is a club for traders, traders have to pay to join the club but there are benefits such as traders insurance, backing and resources of a large group of traders, range of charging rates applied, some degree of exchange of personel, etc.

Traci Mason (we will call her TM for this analogy), TM wants to be in the club, but not pay the membership. She agrees to charge the same rates as those in the club, when it suits her, and to apply the same rules, when it suits her. She does not want to pay to join the club, and does not agree to be bound by the rules of the club, but wants the advantages.

Should we agree to her terms and allow her to be in the club, for free?
What then of the other members who want the same type of membership? How will the club administer its affairs? Who will pay for the club's existence?

It beggars belief that TM would even consider that it was a viable option, especially as 'the club' had previously told TM that a similar suggestion was technically unworkable!

Even David Davis has told TM that EU will shoot it down.
View attachment 144298

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-44719785

This group of traders you talk about.. Would they not trade with other traders who had something they wanted but where in a different club??

There are no living people who are, or have been, Prime Minister, who agree with UK leaving EU.

other traders

Are you talking about Somalia again?

If not, please tell us where these wonderful untapped markets are, that we thought weren't worth bothering with until now.

Sponsored Links
Back