Brexit support now just 32%

• Thread starter Deleted member 174758
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 174758

The latest poll by YouGov seems to be saying that Brexiteers are very much in the minority with 20% of Leave voters now thinking it was the wrong decision. Does that mean that the hard-nosed Brexiteers will now start to admit they might just have got it wrong? Peter Kellner, former president of YouGov has also stated that about 2 million Leave voters have died since 2016 (see the Kay Burley interview on Sky). Maybe these converts have realised that the cheaper food we would see immediately, the £350m that would go into the NHS, the faster appointments at GPs and so forth were all just lies and that they were sold a pup

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I don't know the sample size of their representative cross section, but YouGov have been tracking this for a while (follow the link in my previous post to see the graphs), and their track record in polling elections isn't too bad (generally within about 2% of the counted result for many elections). BTW one of the founders was a certain Nadhim Zahawi

Grass is always greener...
We'd still have had disasTruss etc.

I daresay if we were still IN, there would have been some things to p*ss us all off.

What's a gounder?
go under?

Sponsored Links
Indeed. Cameron would have continued until the next election, then who knows but probably not Corbyn

Its easy to ask people if they don't like it now and get a favourable response. But if we had a join deal on the table, would we be seeing 70% wanting to vote for it?

Its easy to ask people if they don't like it now and get a favourable response. But if we had a join deal on the table, would we be seeing 70% wanting to vote for it?
Probably not, because the Brexiteers would lie their way through another campaign.
But if the deal was for closer union with the EU, I suspect the majority would be significantly more than a couple of million people.

Doesn't matter really. We wont be rejoining or as pointed out rather clearly by the latest his nibs looking for a Swiss style agreement.

More or less forget it now. It's done. The EU or some of it did say we could rejoin but talk and actual actions do not always tie up.

So the Tory have some doubters. Nothing new they always have had. Actually I smell 3 loose factions and they are having problems keeping quiet.

Probably not, because the Brexiteers would lie their way through another campaign.
But if the deal was for closer union with the EU, I suspect the majority would be significantly more than a couple of million people.
I'd be happy with that. Nothing wrong with the European Economic Area idea. But I don't think its on the table. Worth remembering it was a cross party issue and nobody with any chance of power is proposing we rejoin.

I'd be happy with that. Nothing wrong with the European Economic Area idea. But I don't think its on the table. Worth remembering it was a cross party issue and nobody with any chance of power is proposing we rejoin.
Shame details like that were not discussed prior to the referendum. So people knew what they were voting for.
As it is we are where we are with very few people happy with what we got.

Worth remembering it was a cross party issue
The hard Brexit that we ended up with was definitely not a cross party agreement.
If it had been a cross party agreement, the result would have been very different.

Having a deal before deciding would be a novel thing...

Oh no hang on a moment. The first vote was taken after going into Europe and people had the evidence to make a decision ;)

What plan did the brexiteers have this time around?

Sponsored Links
Back