Brexit support now just 32%

• Thread starter Deleted member 174758
  • Start date
As my retirement plan to spain was given the heave ho by the breixturds I for one just want to make their lives a misery...

You wouldn't have liked it, Ex-Pats always become homesick and alcoholic. We have done you a favour.

Sponsored Links
The 'source' means nothing. It says "with only 32% of the British public..." That would ONLY mean anything if 100% of the British public voted, which they didn't!
Denial of reality yet again, Mottie. To quote from the YouGov web site:
"Almost two years since Britain left the EU on 31 December 2020, YouGov data shows support for Brexit is at a record low, with only 32% of the British public saying it was right to vote to leave and 56% saying it was wrong to leave."
So. Have you bothered to follow the link and view the graph which clearly shows this, or is this just another reactionary Brexiteer fulmination?

Last edited by a moderator:
When the facts differ from Motties opinion

Mottie says the facts are wrong.

Brexer.

Sponsored Links
When the facts differ from Motties opinion

Mottie says the facts are wrong.

Brexer.
Ahh. So yer man there DIDN'T follow the link and look at the graph. Says it all, really

I just wish a Brexer would come up with a list of real gains we have made both as a country and as individuals. To date I have heard a lot of rhetoric, but scant by way of cold, hard facts

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish a Brexer would come up with a list of real gains we have made both as a country and as individuals. To date I have heard a lot of rhetoric, but scant by way of cold, hard facts

I told you.

A little crown on the beer glass.

Also, passports the same colour as Croatia (which is in the EU)

Its easy to ask people if they don't like it now and get a favourable response. But if we had a join deal on the table, would we be seeing 70% wanting to vote for it?
That must NEVER happen. Why? Cos you must never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. Parliament should decide on a free vote. Only ONS, BOE and one or two similar outfits are allowed to be considered as experts.

That must NEVER happen. Why? Cos you must never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. Parliament should decide on a free vote. Only ONS, BOE and one or two similar outfits are allowed to be considered as experts.
BoE :D

I do not know a more jobs for school mates organisation. It makes the House of Lords look merit based.

Surely you mean 51.8%
apparently the vote is now 68/32%

...​

No, it's not. Your maths are faulty. ... That's remainer maths for you! ;)
Remainer maths was always far in advance of Brexiteer maths, remember the £350 million for the NHS, the 40 new hospitals, the 3% increase in nurses' pay, the imaginary 12.8% increase in pay, the 50,000 more nurses, the 7 million migrants from Turkey, etc.
Then there's the zero rules that were broken by Johnson. Perhaps he got mixed up with infinity.

So. Have you bothered to follow the link and view the graph which clearly shows this, or is this just another reactionary Brexiteer fulmination?
Yes. The article says 1 in 5 who voted to leave have changed their mind. That’s 20%. Simple maths. 20% of 52% of the electorate that voted changing their mind does not equal 32% of the electorate still wanting to leave in anyones book. Again, it’s simple maths and those rules apply to Brexers or remainers - there’s no opportunity to put a personal leave or remain slant on it. The figures in the article simply don’t add up or make sense but people are free go ahead and believe what they want as I’m sure the remainers will.

errr hello...the absence of freedom of movement...I no longer have the right to live in spain....if you want to migrate to spain you now need to fulfil the spanish rules on immigration finances and get a visa...1. you can apply for a yearly visa ( apply means does not mean you will get , the current quota is 18,000 for all countries on earth other than the EU.) You have to show private income of 2950 euros per month for a couple and have comprehensive private medical insurance...having had a heart attack that's a no then. After 5 years you can then apply for residency.

Or I could apply for a golden visa - £500,000 investment ( not in own property) and 6k a year.
Unfortunately this will always be the way with any significant change that a large percentage didn't want. It's understandable that if we're directly affected by a change (and if not for the better in our eyes) we won't be happy with said change.

Some of you will know what I'm now going to say. This is my concern if a second Scottish referendum is granted. It's highly unlikely to be 80/20 in favour, will likely be +/- 5% from 50/50. This means, regardless of the result, a significant portion of voters would be left feeling disappointed, frustrated, angry, sad etc.

Significant change = winners and losers. We'll never escape from that fact.

Sponsored Links
Back