Brexit support now just 32%

• Thread starter Deleted member 174758
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
The Brexers can now demonstrate the benefits of Brexit.

A liitle crown on a beer glass.

That we could have done anyway.

On the basis of a known model vs an unknown model people still voted leave. Leavers didn't know where we'd end up and remainers couldn't argue it was staying the same. The EU is an evolving entity, new proposals for integration, tighter alignment - it was heading for a United States of Europe. At the same time it was focusing on recruiting poorer and poorer countries in to the block. It was never going to remain popular with people in the "wealthy" countries all the time they were funding the poorer countries unless they could see their jobs and lives were directly benefiting.

Remain did a crap job of selling that vision and lost the vote. Sometimes in sales you lose the deal even if your product is better. fire the sales rep and move on.

Sponsored Links
Pointless poll as we are no longer in the EU and need to move on rather than looking back. Its not been a great Brexit for sure but it could have been better if the remain camp hadn't tried so hard to make it fail. Nobody knows if our present situation would be any better if we were still in the EU, likely not though.

As my retirement plan to spain was given the heave ho by the breixturds I for one just want to make their lives a misery...

Pointless poll as we are no longer in the EU and need to move on

Yes, somebody has to clear up the mess the Brexers made.

We have to somehow rebuild relationships with our neighbours

Than gods Johnson and Truss have been sacked.

The favourites of Tory membership.

Why can't you retire to Spain?
errr hello...the absence of freedom of movement...I no longer have the right to live in spain....if you want to migrate to spain you now need to fulfil the spanish rules on immigration finances and get a visa...1. you can apply for a yearly visa ( apply means does not mean you will get , the current quota is 18,000 for all countries on earth other than the EU.) You have to show private income of 2950 euros per month for a couple and have comprehensive private medical insurance...having had a heart attack that's a no then. After 5 years you can then apply for residency.

Or I could apply for a golden visa - £500,000 investment ( not in own property) and 6k a year.

Its not been a great Brexit for sure but it could have been better if the remain camp hadn't tried so hard to make it fail.
That is complete and utter nonesense. Who has been in power since 2016? The Tories. And which party was it that forced out any and all MPs who wouldn't sign up to being pro-Brexit? Why, the Tory party. And who negotiated ALL of the leave deal? Instead if forever blaming others for anything that goes wrong Brexiteers should learn to take responsibility for what has happened

Nobody knows if our present situation would be any better if we were still in the EU, likely not though.
If you compare the economic performance of this country against the rest of the EU or the G20 since 2016 you can see a clear and definite trend. Brexit has damaged the UK, and it will continue to damage it in the coming decades. If you don't believe that may I refer you to data available from the OBR, the Bank of England and the recent Financial Times report on this subject

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest poll by YouGov seems to be saying that Brexiteers are very much in the minority with 20% of Leave voters now thinking it was the wrong decision. Does that mean that the hard-nosed Brexiteers will now start to admit they might just have got it wrong? Peter Kellner, former president of YouGov has also stated that about 2 million Leave voters have died since 2016 (see the Kay Burley interview on Sky). Maybe these converts have realised that the cheaper food we would see immediately, the £350m that would go into the NHS, the faster appointments at GPs and so forth were all just lies and that they were sold a pup

Brexit support now just 32%​

No, it's not. Your maths are faulty. 20% of the 52% that voted to leave changing their mind does not leave you with 32%. 20% of 52% is 10.4% so that leaves you with 41.6% That's remainer maths for you! ;)

Last edited:
Pointless poll as we are no longer in the EU and need to move on rather than looking back. Its not been a great Brexit for sure but it could have been better if the remain camp hadn't tried so hard to make it fail. Nobody knows if our present situation would be any better if we were still in the EU, likely not though.
Absolute rubbish.

We need to move on, we have no chouce. It was never going to be a great br exit when NOBODY knew what it meant, as is being proven daily

Brexit support now just 32%​

No, it's not. Your maths are faulty. 20% of the 52% that voted to leave changing their mind does not leave you with 32%. It leaves you with 41.6% That's remainer maths for you! ;)
Read the source. Not my maths (or for that matter arithmetic). The figured were those of YouGov. And whst aboutvthe 2 million Brexit voters who have died? And the new voters who are more likely to be pro-EU. Demogrsphics constantly change

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the source. Not my maths ( or for that matter arithmetic).the figured were those of YouGov
The 'source' means nothing. It says "with only 32% of the British public..." That would ONLY mean anything if 100% of the British public voted, which they didn't!

Sponsored Links
Back