Brexit with tariffs, or Brexit without tariffs? No-one knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasnt the Brexit Vote based on " Project Fear" the Financial aspect was never discussed other than a promise to give the Health Service £350 million every week
There seems to be many reasons why people voted out, not just the NHS.

Try telling Himmy that though.. and BAS, and Ellal, and JohnD.

Sponsored Links
There seems to be many reasons why people voted out, not just the NHS.
There may well be a multiplicity of reasons for some to vote Brexit.
But quite obviously, there are some who want Brexit at any cost, such as durhamplumber, who quite happily admits that he will accept any consequence of Brexit.
I suspect that the majority of Brxiteers are just like him, suffering from some underlying ideology that drives them to want Brexit at any cost.

The maddening thing is, they deny the adverse economic consequences, which we see happening in front of our eyes.
And when it is proven without a shadow of doubt that the cause is Brexit, then they admit to not caring about the consequences.

There may well be a multiplicity of reasons for some to vote Brexit.
But quite obviously, there are some who want Brexit at any cost, such as durhamplumber, who quite happily admits that he will accept any consequence of Brexit.
I suspect that the majority of Brxiteers are just like him, suffering from some underlying ideology that drives them to want Brexit at any cost.

Please, tell me what you think this ideology actually is? Don't beat around the bush.

Sponsored Links
Please, tell me what you think this ideology actually is? Don't beat around the bush.
"Geoffrey Chesters was supposed to be helping at his daughter’s shop in Crewe on Wednesday, but he was engrossed in a book about money-making schemes, bought for £1 at Nantwich market. He’d reached a chapter entitled “How to become even richer when everyone else goes to the wall”, and was learning how to survive financial apocalypse.
“Look at this,” he said, pointing to a paragraph about negotiating a banking collapse. “This is what’s coming.” He’d been stockpiling tins for months. A no-deal Brexit was going to make everyone poorer, he said. But it was worth it, if it meant the UK got control over immigration. That’s why he voted to leave the European Union: “We’ve got too many of them coming over here and I want it to stop.”

I believe that sums up the attitude of many quitters...

Funnily enough...

10094646-6728839-image-a-24_1550750586171.jpg

All of those places voted leave, but all bar one of those places have a lower than average number of EU migrants...

Thus it is often a perceived image of a problem, not the reality...

Mind you, it's not surprising that EU migrants wouldn't head to those places - they are far too discerning (y)

"Geoffrey Chesters was supposed to be helping at his daughter’s shop in Crewe on Wednesday, but he was engrossed in a book about money-making schemes, bought for £1 at Nantwich market. He’d reached a chapter entitled “How to become even richer when everyone else goes to the wall”, and was learning how to survive financial apocalypse.
“Look at this,” he said, pointing to a paragraph about negotiating a banking collapse. “This is what’s coming.” He’d been stockpiling tins for months. A no-deal Brexit was going to make everyone poorer, he said. But it was worth it, if it meant the UK got control over immigration. That’s why he voted to leave the European Union: “We’ve got too many of them coming over here and I want it to stop.”

I believe that sums up the attitude of many quitters...

Funnily enough...

10094646-6728839-image-a-24_1550750586171.jpg

All of those places voted leave, but all bar one of those places have a lower than average number of EU migrants...

Thus it is often a perceived image of a problem, not the reality...

Mind you, it's not surprising that EU migrants wouldn't head to those places - they are far too discerning (y)

Pictures from the Daily Wail ??

Reading that DM article it seems it's all home grown chavs causing the issues.

Irony would be chavs voting for Brexit due to immigration and taking their jobs.

These are predominantly ex industrial towns which were left to rot without a strategy for regeneration.

And funnily enough the majority of people in those places voted to remain (y)

And funnily enough, from the admittedly dubious article, the top 20 majority actually voted leave.

Orkney
Richmondshire
Rutland
Hambleton
Eden
South Oxfordshire
Cotswold
Ryedale
St Albans
Derbyshire Dales
Vale of White Horse
Waverley
Hart
East Hertfordshire
Westminster
Winchester
Rushmoor
Uttlesford
Wychavon
Harborough

Reading that DM article it seems it's all home grown chavs causing the issues.

Irony would be chavs voting for Brexit due to immigration and taking their jobs.

These are predominantly ex industrial towns which were left to rot without a strategy for regeneration.

really? Certainly a lot of past industrial areas there, but a lot that are not.

Boston
South Holland
Castle Point
Thurrock
Great Yarmouth
Fenland
Mansfield
Bolsover
East Lindsey
North East Lincolnshire
Ashfield
Havering
Hartlepool
Tendring
Stoke-on-Trent
Doncaster
Cannock Chase
Basildon
Barnsley
Harlow
Walsall
Rotherham
Bassetlaw
Hull
Dudley
Tamworth
Blackpool
North Warwickshire
Sandwell
Rochford
Burnley
Wakefield
King's Lynn and West Norfolk
North Lincolnshire
Broxbourne
Hyndburn
Redcar and Cleveland
Nuneaton and Bedworth
Middlesbrough
Gravesham
Forest Heath
South Staffordshire
Staffordshire Moorlands
Breckland
Dartford
Corby
Medway
Gosport
Wigan
Wyre
Thanet
Pendle
East Staffordshire
Telford and Wrekin
Torbay
Wyre Forest
Bexley
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Waveney
North East Derbyshire
Epping Forest
Maldon
Wolverhampton
Swale
Arun
Wellingborough
Havant
Barking and Dagenham
Redditch
North Kesteven
Shepway
Dover

I was looking at the top ten worst places re ex industrial. Looking at the list you posted what's the demographics by age as the older generation had a greater tendency to vote leave.

I was looking at the top ten worst places re ex industrial. Looking at the list you posted what's the demographics by age as the older generation had a greater tendency to vote leave.

Older people did indeed vote leave mainly, but older people do not just live in the "worst" places in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back