Brick/Block Query...

Its ironic that the effect seen there is just the thing that weep holes are meant to prevent

It does seem the be a hDCP collecting the penetrating water and the weep holes are letting the water out.

But, there is some poor design issue there, as too much moisture is entering the cavity and clearly collecting along the DPC, despite some being let out by the weep holes.

The purpose of weep holes, is to let tiny residue moisture out, and not to drain the whole cavity.

So yes, the weep holes are letting out water, but that is an extreme example of poor design, so IMO does not count towards the "have you ever seen weep holes weeping" argument :p

Sponsored Links
Its ironic that the effect seen there is just the thing that weep holes are meant to prevent

It does seem the be a hDCP collecting the penetrating water and the weep holes are letting the water out.

But, there is some poor design issue there, as too much moisture is entering the cavity and clearly collecting along the DPC, despite some being let out by the weep holes.

The purpose of weep holes, is to let tiny residue moisture out, and not to drain the whole cavity.

So yes, the weep holes are letting out water, but that is an extreme example of poor design, so IMO does not count towards the "have you ever seen weep holes weeping" argument :p
woody is there a weep hole at the far end every brick, woody take my advice that isnt water running from the weep holes, unless they knew there might be a river running through at a later stage , funny, wait till fnt looks at your answer :p

woody is there a weep hole at the far end every brick, woody take my advice that isnt water running from the weep holes, unless they knew there might be a river running through at a later stage , funny, wait till fnt looks at your answer :p
going to laff myself too sleep :LOL:

going to laff myself too sleep :

do us all a favour! "stay asleep" along with your alter ego. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
WOW - you're the only guy I know who was actually booted out of a country which is otherwise taking everyone else in.

Are you sure that you are not only back here because its the school holidays :rolleyes: How are the SATs going?

Nice photo of the weep holes though :LOL:

WOW - you're the only guy I know who was actually booted out of a country which is otherwise taking everyone else in.

Are you sure that you are not only back here because its the school holidays :rolleyes: How are the SATs going?

Nice photo of the weep holes though :LOL:
SATS ? what are they,please remind me :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back