Brick patterned boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,can anyone suggest the best paint for the above job.My old grandma has asked me to paint these i presume wood effect terracotta/brick coloured boards that surround her fire.Either side has walnut varnished boards,was thinking of a off white colour what do you think. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Not really the ideal surface for emulsion paints unless you use the correct primer first, Dulux do two the Ultra and Super Grip you should be ok to apply your emulsion over any of these. Or you could take a look at Satinwood you could apply this direct without a primer, whichever method you choose lightly abrade the surface to remove any shine, remember though lightly abrade.
Dec

Thanks Dec,from memory the boards are rough cast if this makes a difference.

Well not being able to see them dont help much, just wash the boards down with either a mild detergent or sugar soap to remove any grease and grime wash again with warm water to remove any residues and when dry apply a primer.

Dec

Sponsored Links
Futher to this she now wants the boards varnishing,can someone tell correct proceedure,to achieve this,plan is for polyurethane dulux trade satin varnish for top coat.Thanks

Wash them down as mentioned and lightly abrade the surface, a fine to medium grade sanding pad is ideal for this, then you should be fine to apply your varnish.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back