Brick/paver edging between grass and flower bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently my lawn meets the soil flower bed at the edge of the garden with no boundary in between. They are both at the same level. I'd like to put some pavers in between the two to create a nice border and keep things neat. Something like this...

Brick+edging+for+your+flower+beds.jpg

Obviously I should dig a trench of some kind but what should I fill it with? How deep should the trench be and how deep should any layers of paver base/concrete/sand be?

How should I finish it? Any watering to set anything or any sand to bed it all in?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Make your trench 5- 6" deep assuming 50mm pavers, and lay the pavers on 4" of fine concrete.

3 parts 10mm gravel : 3 parts sand : 1 cement.

Make the mix semi dry and simply tap the pavers firmly down into it. The vertical paver at the back will need haunched well to keep it in place. The front paver will only need a little haunch at the front or even just some mortar dribbled in if the gap between it and existing grass is tight.

A little kiln dried sand brushed over the lot to finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back