Brick slips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning cladding a new block wall using brick slips,anyone know the best way to fix these,adhesive mortar ?

Sponsored Links
What does the manufacturer recomend? BAL floor tile adhesive would probably do it, it's concrete based & very good but it's not cheap!

It seems there are 2 ways to fix these to the blocks,one is to use adhesive and the other is to fix a metal grid and the slips then click into this and you just point the joints.

I’ve never fitted brick slips but I would be tempted to use adhesive & some suitable spacers as with tiles. The metal grid idea will guarantee uniform gaps but it sounds like it might be time consuming to fit & could add to the cost significantly; I can imaging that pointing all the gaps is going to be a nightmare!

Sponsored Links
i have been searching local diy stores builders yards looking for these without any joy ,where can you get them?

Some builder merchants only sell the slim brick only where you have to render the wall then bedded them on, the galvanised mesh type you may have to order it for delivery, I don't know what area you are in but some here that will supply to the diy'er

Consult a leading manufacturer of brick slips:

Distributors nationwide.[http://www.thinbricks.com/indexgb.html]

Good luck![/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back