bricks with frog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
I am replacing the odd brick in my house..
When cementing the new one in, do I have to fill the frog with cement?
thanks 4 any help

Sponsored Links
Yes, you should.

Frog bricks should be laid frog up.

Not all are laid this way as piecework brickies will lay them the easier (quicker) way, i.e. frog down.

A wall built with bricks frog up is stronger than a wall built with bricks frog down.

doing what youre doing then filling the frog prior to laying makes full filling the top joint so much easier.

With solid or perforated bricks, the orientation of the brick doesn't matter, but with frogged bricks, the frog should always be laid uppermost. This ensures that the loading of the wall is evenly spread across its width, rather than being concentrated onto the edges, and that there are no voids within the brickwork that could be weak spots.
Frogged or perforated brickwork should always be covered over if left unfinished for any period when rain is about, to prevent the frogs or perforations filling with water which would make a mess of the bed mortar when bricklaying resumes.

frogs01.gif

;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back