Brickwork soldier course no lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a soldier course above my window I presume no external lintel wen I fitted blinds I think there is a internal concrete lintel as can tell with the colour of dust my question is the soldier course sits mid brick line outside so presume there is a concrete lintel how does that keep all the bricks level and in line when the soldier sit mid brick wud it be packed up hope someone can understand wat I’m trying to say haha

Sponsored Links
If it's a timber frame it should be strong enough to hold the brickwork. If it's been replaced with plastic a lintel is needed.

What I Carnt work out is how come the Internal lintel sits on bricks internal but soldiers don’t on the outside

Attachments

• 0F8D5499-7EEE-4B0B-AC32-72A3805CD218.jpeg
    0F8D5499-7EEE-4B0B-AC32-72A3805CD218.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links
So if I took the window frame out I wud be able to see that the lintel is lower than the soldiers as the soldiers sit mid brick on the external seems a daft way

Do u understand wat I’m saying prob not explaining it the best lol

Attachments

• 6E162A33-40F2-4593-B30B-EF54F7AD8A51.png
    6E162A33-40F2-4593-B30B-EF54F7AD8A51.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 278
If that's a solid wall, the lintel is a bit lower than the soldiers as you said.

Yea it’s a Solid wall I will soon see I suppose wen I change the window why they didn’t just make the soldiers the same I don’t know lol

It's possible that the lintel was cast insitu with ties going into the soldier joints, which makes them part of the lintel.

Looks like ours, we had it surveyed and window company said it didn't need a lintle, they took the window out very carefully mind!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back