Bristan mixer - scalding or freezing. Botched installation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

So I'm thinking the hot and cold feeds have been plumbed in the wrong way round on this Bristan mixer. (Combi boiler installation.) I'm no plumber, but as I understand it, hot should go in on the left (i.e. the bottom feed in the photos) and cold in on the right.

If that's the case, the feed in the photos at the top should be cold, and the feed on the bottom should be hot, no?

Currently, the one at the top is hot, and the one at the bottom is cold.

Is there an easy way of rectifying this? Or because of the way it's been fixed at a 90 degree angle, do I need to call a plumber to do a spot of re-plumbing?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Bristan%20mixer%201.jpg

Bristan%20mixer%202.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your inlet elbows will swivel through 180 degrees. You can then swap the plug to the top(lhs) outlet with the fitting on the bottom (rhs) outlet. Re-fit the valve turned through 180. This is assuming that whoever installed it has not already done that and that reversed h & c is indeed the cause of the problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps. Appreciated.
One thing - which part is the 'plug' Davey is referring to?

One thing - which part is the 'plug' Davey is referring to?

The plug is on the left hand middle of the shower valve. You need to remove this plug in order to reconnect the middle pipe ( the one that go to shower head ) when you turn the valve over 180 degrees. Then when done, refit plug onto the one where shower head pipe used to connected.

Daniel.

Ah, got it. Great stuff folks. Thanks.
Just need to find those stopcocks...

Turning off at your main stop tap should do it (combi boiler).
Would be a good idea to clean the filters while you have it off the wall.

Just to say we now have a great shower, thanks to you chaps. Good job!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back