Britain will not seek to extend Brexit transition period, says minister

Sponsored Links
Either way..Brexit happened..Live with it..
the truth needs exposing thats why we should not just 'live with it'

we dont want this govt continuing to lie about brexit, the harder the economic shock the more brexiteers will start to question why they were sold a pack of lies.

maybe one day people will start to realise: brexit was a plan for the rich and wealthy to get richer, and the public were conned.

that is why the harder the initial economic shock the faster the country can get rid of the liars.

Will no-one explain to durhamplumber how he's been fooled over the UK having an Australian type relationship with EU?

Sponsored Links
One deluded remoaner stuck in the past
oh dear how wrong can you be?

it is leavers that are deluded

there are no brexit benefits.......
all leavers can do is argue how great chlorinated chicken is.

like the butter; utterly utterly utterly........
:ROFLMAO:

Just as well we'll be coming out of the virus period in good shape then?

Oops...

UK economy could be among worst hit of leading nations, says OECD

"The UK is likely to be the hardest hit by Covid-19 among major economies, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development has warned...

In its latest assessment, the OECD found that the UK's largely service-based economy meant that it had been particularly badly hit by the government's lockdown restrictions...

The OECD also mentions the pandemic economic impact being "compounded" by the looming plausible failure to sign a trade deal with the EU and new trade barriers with the European Union at the end of the year."

But hey, quitters are looking forward to all this pain!

This is what they actually forecast
https://www.oecd.org/economic-outlook/

but brexit adds uncertainty. The "slight" worsening if there is another real covid outbreak looks rather optimistic to me. The euro is likely to prop up France and Italy in one respect. Us, depends on what happens to the GBP. If the money market wants it then it will be ok. If they don't want it then it goes down. They might decide to leave it where it is. It was the money market that forced the UK out of the ERM showing who controls a currencies real value. What they decide to do is most likely to set the GBP's value.

There was an interesting comment relating to Brexit on one of the briefs from the transport man. Have negotiated that trade routes with some EU countries will remain open during covid. What ever that means. I've not tried to find more complete details.

The parliament channel had 3 ex chancellors on answering questions recently. It was interesting. Totally different to the usual political chat. One forecast was a deal that wasn't a deal really. Be interesting to see if that is correct.

:) Anyway people will have to live with it what ever happens. Main problem is that lots just didn't know what they are playing with when they voted. It could go either way including extremely bad. No one knows.

I think exit could result in one of two things

More Gig Economy. Impact on tax take being looked at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38930048 It's one aspect that helps keep employment high as does zero hours. We seem to have got ourselves in a position where work doesn't always mean no need for state support.

Become Taiwan like. Incredibly successful but beginning to show it's complications and probably take rather a long time to show benefits if it does. It could be used to persuade people that it's ok to sell the NHS.

Both could fit in with no more court of human rights. The top end of all businesses aren't keen on them as they may interfere with what they want to do. They have been worried about that since it came into force.

There is one odd aspect about current negotiations and that is the level playing field particular state support of business. Something the Tory isn't keen on so why. Maybe as it's something that will never be agreed or some way of supporting business is wanted. A bit Corbyn.

Oh and there is another I didn't mention - loosen things up make it more like America in a number of areas hoping we will develop our own successful businesses like they do at times. I don't see loosening up has anything to do with that.

Last edited:
Truth is...We departed EU....
The truth is brexit has no benefits, only considerable downsides.

oh and we have not departed, weve signed the paperwork but are currently still enjoying 100% of the single market and 759 trade agreements.

The truth is brexit has no benefits, only considerable downsides.

oh and we have not departed, weve signed the paperwork but are currently still enjoying 100% of the single market and 759 trade agreements.

759 trade agreements?, that seems a remarkable achievement given there are less that 200 countries in the world.

Am I on the Jokes section?
Honestly you couldn`t make it up, what a bunch of ****s stuck in the past. Time to move on guy`s as we aren`t going back!

Am I on the Jokes section?
apparently, If you voted brexit, the jokes on you.

Are you from the North, maybe an industrial region or farming region....if so enjoy the failure.

what a bunch of ****s stuck in the past.
ha ha
brexit failure is ahead of us yet Old Bean -enjoy next year, when brexiteers will be seen as a bunch of ****s stuck in the past.

Sponsored Links
Back