British Gas 330+ pulsing noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, got a British Gas 330+ and it’s starting to make a ‘pulsing Noise’ no way to really describe it (doesn’t match any of the videos or descriptions I’ve seen), I’ve got a short video here, wondering if this is a simple radiator adjustment or need to get a corgi engineer round?! it’s a hard water area but we have a water softener, system emptied topped up with inhibitor this summer. https://youtube.com/shorts/dY_sxjnuvII

Sponsored Links
Just a follow up on this, thanks for the useful... and less than useful/sarcy comments. Used some descaler in the system which I thought had worked, unfortunately it came back the other day. I found a couple of other threads on other sites for people with similar issues (they described it as a 'hooting' noise) , amongst which was suggested the condensate collector could be blocked.
The boiler comes with a flexible condensate pipe that comes out the bottom of the boiler. I noticed that this had moved (you can get 1-2" of movement from it) and allowed the pipe running off it to to have a gentle uphill gradient on it, a play round with this, setting it correctly and the issue appeared to disappear..... fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back