British gas AGAIN, lol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

just a bit of background information for you

i applied for british gas 3 months ago and am going throught the recruitment process and so far

1. i have passed the initial exam/assessment out of 18 people only 7 passed it.

2. Have had the face to face interview where i did the colour blindness test, had the job explained to me had all my certs and CORGI certificate photocopied. I was also told that figures for employees in the north-east are quite low.

3. One of the first questions asked was about my friends and family that work in BG. The interviewer remembered training up my uncle in Glasgow and pointed this out to the other interviewer

4. Now just have to wait 14 days for the result

Just wanting to know if many people have still not got through after all these stages

Thanks for any help, its appreciated :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think its normally refered to as a colour vision test if you dont know how to spell the name of the inventer.

My old boss was red/green colour blind but then he did not work in TV only transmission. He used to notch his colour pencils!

Even being partly colour blind might not preclude anyone working for BG under the disability Acts. It would depend if the blindness was going to cause any risk of danger. Most people are only red/green deficient.

The BBC used to have a very clever box which had three faders on each of the primary colours which were adjusted by a person being tested to produce a white light.

I am surprised that you dont seen to have had much of an interview to determine your suitablity for the job. Perhaps they are so short of people to work for them?

Tony

agile

The interview was again personality based, they had made up a folder of my test results, people i knew in Bg, personality traits etc and the questions were for example,

When do you feel that you have to do most of the talking when with a customer?

Must admit i've never been through a recruitment process like this before.

At the restaurant last saturday we were discussing mentioning knowing people inside when applying for a job. The consensus was that it was betten NOT to know anyone! That was not gas or BG though.

I suppose the BG answer to that question might be that you do most of the talking when selling them something?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
At the restaurant last saturday we were discussing mentioning knowing people inside when applying for a job. The consensus was that it was betten NOT to know anyone! That was not gas or BG though.

MM Yes... I was scraping my plums in the shower using a pumice stone & thought I might make a completely useless & irrelevant post........you beat me to it.

gasright said:
here we go.

lets keep it civil and informative lads

Sorry mate, Why would you want to work for bg anyway? you seem pretty desperate to get in. :?:
It`s packed full of sharks & ``yes`` men you won`t find a genuine bloke in there. They are all too busy clambering up the Boss` ass & worrying about their pensions. Lead a stress free life my boy:cool: :cool:

because i know 3 people that work there mate, and from talking to them it would definetely suit me at this moment in time

gasright said:
because i know 3 people that work there mate, and from talking to them it would definetely suit me at this moment in time

Fine . Go join & see how long your mates stay mates. ( make sure you take someone who will assist you in pulling the knife from your back). ;) I also believe the most basic criteria to be met is ``how to spell`` See if your mates can help you out on this one. ;)

sooo anyway back to the original question ;)

thanks for the input though bamber

gasright said:
sooo anyway back to the original question ;)

thanks for the input though bamber

Most welcome. Back to the original question then: Did you suck up hard enough to be offered the job?

No. Hope this helps. ;)

ohh lovely

we have our very own troll.

Hmm this was one of the reasons i left another forum.

gasright said:
ohh lovely

we have our very own troll.

Hmm this was one of the reasons i left another forum.

I suspect it's the same one who has been coming and going for the last few years.

Knowing someone in Bg is a pretty good way into the firm, they are so keen on personal recommendations they pay 500 quid to the person who put you forward....did he not mention it?

gasright said:
here we go.

lets keep it.......informative lads

why are you listening to tony then? at least one other unfounded jibe from him in this thread :rolleyes:

right lads, enough of this bickering.

Can we get back to the topic please :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back