British gas interview

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, lovin the weather :evil:

Passed my initial multiple choice test for BG 3 weeks ago and have now got the interview next week and am just looking for some advice TBH.

Just looking for some general advice and pointers towards what sort of questions they'll ask, and what sort of questions i should ask them

many thanks :LOL:

Sponsored Links
go to the centrica web page get some information about when it was founded and what they own, talk about the company image and "doing the right thing"

Think of Simon when he was asked what Amstrad did!

He knew so much he had to be stopped!

Dont be like the other who knew nothing and got the sack soon afterwards!

Tony

Sponsored Links
they might still be using the proforma interview questions that lots of different companys use.

its going to be the usual stuff.......why do you want to work here?, what skills will you bring? weaknesses? strengths? general q's about your history and attitude.

oh and dont forget to ask loads of q's yourself...even if they are mundane it shows interest. best q to ask right at the end is, why did you come to work for BG and what keeps you here?....always puts them on the back foot as its now them being interviewed....they will love the initiative as all BG engs have to ask customers lots of q's.

good luck man. ;)

mmmmmm, i got loads of weaknessess (thats easy for you to type)

and i got attitude.

but ,as for actually showing an interest in their corporate policy. nah.

and as for asking customers questions..........

yeh, wheres the freeeeeeeekin coffee???

hence im oil. :LOL:

Just to add they are more interested in your customer facing skills than anything else so make sure they come across.

ollski said:
Just to add they are more interested in your customer facing skills than anything else so make sure they come across.

Its true, my customers couldn't give a toss if i fix their boiler aslong as im polite and friendly :rolleyes:

rob884 said:
ollski said:

Its true, my customers couldn't give a toss if i fix their boiler aslong as im polite and friendly :rolleyes:

Trust me when someone has waited in 3 days for nobody to turn up you need to be polite and friendly. Of course personally I am both polite and friendly and fix the boiler.

ollski said:
Trust me when someone has waited in 3 days for nobody to turn up you need to be polite and friendly. Of course personally I am both polite and friendly and fix the boiler.

But why do you make them wait for three days first? Why not go on the first day?

Agile said:
ollski said:

But why do you make them wait for three days first? Why not go on the first day?

Build up the anticipation Tony ;) firmly t.i.c.

gasright said:
Hi all, lovin the weather :evil:

Passed my initial multiple choice test for BG 3 weeks ago and have now got the interview next week and am just looking for some advice TBH.

Just looking for some general advice and pointers towards what sort of questions they'll ask, and what sort of questions i should ask them

many thanks :LOL:

Best advice: don`t work for them, the robots who already do won`t help you out at all, I don`t know your particular line of work but you`ll mostly be a salesman flogging products that customers don`t need & you`ll be constantly monitored, tracked & pressurised to meet targets on a daily basis.

If you`re looking for job satisfaction, you`ll get more out of signing on.

P.S. I have never worked for them, but have dealt with them & their Numpty employees.

I lied. I sub-contracted for them once & had to wait twenty years to get paid. ( I forgot).

just take everything with a pinch of salt and you wont be a bitter and twisted individual like bamber.

its not the job for everyone.....only way to find out is by trying it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back