British gas interview

Some really good advice there from the 2 Tonys'

When I went for the interview I did most of the above, as Hilti68 (Tony) mentioned about being informed, I researched loads about British Gas and Centrica etc, I even went to the extent of putting together a small presentation in a binder, a bit over the top I know, but I wanted to make an impression, something that they would remember me by.

It must have worked, they offered me a job there and then, unlike the rest of the candidates, they were told they would get the phone call.

Be sure to put a post back on here to let us know how you got on...

Sponsored Links
sounds like something i would like to do TBH.

if you don't mind could you tell me how you went about putting the presentation together.

Really cheeky question but could you tell me what the contents were, you could send the info to my personal account.

i'm going to start reading up on Centrica tomorrow, unless there's a sudden heatwave :rolleyes: which i doubt

lol, yes but its a case of which information to put in as there is absolutely loads :LOL:

Sponsored Links
hmmm...sounds like alot of arse licking for a job you're probably better at than them :rolleyes:

From what I have heard best not to mention gasprom ;) as they seem to be up for buying Centricahaha

But this is just a rumour I know naffing alwite

If you're putting a presentation together, I'd tend to keep it to 2, maximum 3 sheets of the KEY salient points.

Dates established
Milestone dates
Key markets (geographic)
Key markets (technical)
Turnover
Growth in turnover
% of market share
Projected growth
No. of employees
Profitability
Share price history
Market opportunities
Main competitors
Key 'selling point'
Strength of brand / brand image / reputation

Anything much over 3 pages I'd have said would be pretty useless IMHO, but I'll stand corrected. Such information above can be incorporated into various conversations during interview if the opportunity arises.

Using a bit of 'common' you can work out your own ratio's like turnover/employee or profitability/employee; both useful when talking about sales opportunities supplied to elsewhere within BG and the opportunity for individual commission thereon.

Hi all

Had my interview today and it was different from all the others that i've been to.

The interview was entirely based on the personality test that i did initially with BG. So there were'nt really any questions regarding strengths and weaknesses and why i want to work for BG etc

I was told that i'm on of the 7 out of the 18 people that passed the initial exam. and that they are looking to take on around 5 engineers or more depending on the budget and what type of people they find

i was also did a colour blindness test and was told a bit more about the job, and all my certificates were photocopied.

:LOL:

Colour blindness test , we used to get that every year along with blood pressure and pi#s on the stick test, usually after a works night out. Nurse used to look at stick and say what the fu#k where you drinking last night. We had one guy who could not see any of the numbers on colour blindness test and always thought we where winding him up that there was actual numbers there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back