British Gas DCP programmer - Clock setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have the BG DCP controller which, although via a rather irritating block system, works OK but has progressively lost time so that the time setting is 15 mins slow. Nothing in the pathetic little user guide tells you how to alter this, and the British Gas website make no reference to the programmer at all, let alone how to alter it.
Could anyone help me as to how to amend the clock time?
upload_2018-10-4_20-21-9.png

Sponsored Links
It's actually a 'Hive' thermostat, so you should be able to find plenty of info / manuals etc on line. Current versions get their time settings automatically, so if yours is linked to a hive hub, a reboot may update it.

its not a Hive, its a dual channel programmer
it should be radio controlled and should set itself. the only thing you can do is take the batteries out for a while and hopefully it'll reset.
failing that it'll have to be replaced

Ah yes, my apologies programmer not thermostat, force of habit, when it comes to Hive. They look the same at a quick glance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's a hive without the wireless capability, setting instructions for hive are the same.

Thanks everyone for your help. I was away over the weekend, at which time, it decided to go into a bizarre "factory check" pattern which asked you to press various buttons and then rotate the knob left or right. Having done so, it then just kept repeating the requests on an endless loop. She turned the mains power off briefly and that seemed to stop it, but the clock is still 15 mins slow.
Unfortunately, BG took the installation manual with them, so I don't even know how to get into the little sod to disconnect the batteries in the hope it resets. It feels like it should somehow slide off the backplate as there is a degree of movement. There certainly isn't two screws on the underside as suggested in the remote control Hive instructions.

It's got like a little lever at the bottom in the middle that sort of flicks it off. These things pretty much talk you through all the setting options when you press the centre menu button though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back