British Gas engineer working "on the side" - cover

Sponsored Links
Pot kettle and black spring to mind :rolleyes:
Think i might just post exact dates of expiry and renewal. :rolleyes:

watch now as this post and my previous one are ignored completely by glazier.

This thread is getting a bit like having dog ****te on your shoe, just doesnt seem to all want to come off, stuck in the tread, and always that faint smell of it no matter how much scraping on the grass you do :rolleyes:

"

"I dont think many teachers, nurses, doctors, carers, cleaners, police, council workers, railway workers, bus drivers, in other words 98% of working people who are employed are fiddling."

They have little or no opportunity to do so; if they were all self -employed / freelance and working for private clients, then we would see how 'moral' they were, in terms of tax compliance etc.

MPs, Taxi drivers, Policemen - they're all at it given half a chance.

Personally I believe it is better to pay most of the taxes etc as it makes life less complicated.

However, given that previous and current government are committed to warmongering, I only work part time so that I have to give little or no contributions to their genocide.

Sponsored Links
Just wondering if there anything to stop picbits imaginary relative saying he/she installed the boiler themself [DIY] and now want to register it with the local Building Control.

Just wondering if there anything to stop picbits imaginary relative saying he/she installed the boiler themself [DIY] and now want to register it with the local Building Control.

I assure you they aren't imaginary :LOL:

The BG engineer has known them for a number of years and is usually the one who comes out every time their boiler needs work doing (they have a BG maintenance contract).

If you're thinking I'm talking about my own boiler then wronnnnnngg ! I had mine installed by a Gas Safe engineer and have my Certificate to hand (even though they wrongly put it down as a Broag 35c when it was the 28c or something lol)

makes me laugh this post, never known so many people who haven't done or wouldn't consider a cash job :rolleyes: if ya didn't mention it was a bg lad ya might of got different replies!
referring to working unregistered, there is still alot that have there own or are registered under a friends company.

the bloke is qualified
he's known ya family a few years so is unlikely to rip um off
they have bg homecare, so why do ya need the manufacture's guarantee?
they will get it done alot cheaper

any probs with the job he'll prob be back round like a shot as he wouldn't want to get reported as it would be likely to cost him his job

i think most tradesmen will have done cash jobs at some point, and it is difficult to seperate some theft from other theft, but i do think it is worse when a tradesman steals work from their employer, if you pay £100 income tax from your employment and do a cash in hand job for your mate then it is not the end of the world at least you are paying into the system and not getting benefits, but i agree it is just to justify doing it :oops: , but i see it as different when someone takes their employers work ( and probably their material and plant) and would sack them in an instant

Most of the working population in this country are either on the fiddle , have been , or would take the oppurtunity to have a fiddle !

Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone , some say Jesus said this , I reckon it was Stalin or Mao ???

This thread is getting a bit like having dog s***te on your shoe, just doesnt seem to all want to come off, stuck in the tread, and always that faint smell of it no matter how much scraping on the grass you do :rolleyes:

That is a great description of ****ish gas :LOL:

If the bg guy is a friend of the customer the company will even register it for him ( a couple a year is what we were told).
What is it with you guys whinging on about it being pocket money?, I was told be a bg contractor the other day he was thinking of leaving as he was only earning a few grand more than direct labour!

Most of the working population in this country are either on the fiddle , have been , or would take the oppurtunity to have a fiddle !

Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone , some say Jesus said this , I reckon it was Stalin or Mao ???

I thought that was Brian......

And somewhere from within his darkened chambers, Her Majesty's collector of revenue reads, fangs a gleaming and mouth a drooling as he draws his list and prepares his plans against you.....

I thought that was Brian......

ALLRIGHT WHO SAID JEHOVA, COME ON, MMMM, ARE THERE ANY WOMEN HERE....... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back