British Gas and personal Gas safe registration

i luv the bullsh.it some people think up about bg, posting leaflets to customers neighbours is a good one :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have no reason to disbelieve this BG guy. He covers the North norfolk area and was given the leaflets and instruction sometime last week.

He was also talking about the new baxi condensing back boiler unit with an electric fire front. Has anyone else heard anything about that yet??

Whether you do private work for cash, for payment in kind, or just completely free and for nothing, you are still competing unfairly, or in other words: poaching.
The employer, whoever it is, is still paying for acs, tools van and all that as well.
I am not a great fan of bg, and that is putting it mildly, but in this case I have to agree with them.

SNB can you please tell me HOW anyone if this wee story has any truth in it is going to know if they have been delivered.
My mates all work within the same area that north norfolk is part of and non of them had heard of this leaflet thing in cafe this morning.

Sponsored Links
I have the benefit of being qualified in employment law.
That's also a lie.
Well that's funny.
I'm not laughing.

Because when i gained my cert in employment relations,law and practice. which took 3 years to gain it was meant to mean that i was qualified.
Qualified, or simply introduced?

http://www.cipd.co.uk/training/CERLAP/default.htm
"The CIPD Certificate in Employment Relations, Law and Practice gives you a comprehensive introduction to the legal framework that underpins effective HR policies ... this qualification ... is ideal for anyone working as a HR or employee relations assistant, administrator, adviser or officer."

Not exactly a "qualification in Employment Law".

Here's a little something to help you put your pants out:

200442_emergency_gr14_a_cmyk_465_334_.jpg

I have no reason to disbelieve this BG guy. He covers the North norfolk area and was given the leaflets and instruction sometime last week.

He was also talking about the new baxi condensing back boiler unit with an electric fire front. Has anyone else heard anything about that yet??

There is no mention of anything like this on the Baxi web site so I am rather dubious about this claim.

However, I have emailed their press officer and will see what she has to say.

Tony

There is no mention of anything like this on the Baxi web site so I am rather dubious about this claim.

Tony

With the amount of money they've already wasted researching and developing this idea since god knows when, I wouldn't be surprised if they knocked out some old piece of tat to keep the grannies happy.

and he wound up getting the sack along with 300 other british gas engineers, and british gas have lost some really good engineers through this.

just in case you forgot what you said, here it is again. No mention of hersay.
Its clearly rubbish , but if you want I could ask said union rep...which is gonna be a pain tbh cos there's 4 patches that take in parts of essex, and 3 union reps, and 1 senior, but I'll ask anyway.
I know 2 guys that got sacked recently, 1 for continually not leaving paperwork despite warnings, and another for blatently nicking stock.

ye you ask miickyg and dont forget that whatever you reply will be hearsay.

i know the engineer sacked for not leaving paperwork, he did get a lot of warnings, last i heard, he is happily ensconced in another firm now, finding out that YES.. THERE IS LIFE AFTER BRITISH GAS.

the senior union rep works in essex and covers london.

ill say it again, i know 2 guys who got the sack on a north london patch, and bg charged them for working in competition with bg, not for being a member on the GSR. none of these guys were caught doing work, it was assumed they had done work.

this thread started by "newcomer" clearly states that engineers were being targeted for being on the gsr.

think its fairly safe to assume that although the 300 engineers remark was hearsay from a union rep, it would be a very strong bet that more than two engineers have been targeted, if two engineers on one patch in north london have been sacked for being on the gsr, it is safe to assume that there are more than 2 nationally on the gsr, and bg will sack them all, no excuse. the sackings have already begun.

the union should be shouting about this from the highest rooftops, but they are strangely quiet, their stance is you were told so there is no defence, the bg stance is the same, you were told it would be treated as gross misconduct, and therefore no excuses, no mitigation, in the words of alan sugar... YOUR FIRED.

Tony

With the amount of money they've already wasted researching and developing this idea since god knows when, I wouldn't be surprised if they knocked out some old piece of tat to keep the grannies happy.

I cannot give more details at this stage as its subject to a news embargo until its officially launched, initially for the social housing contract market, at the Housing Exhibition at Harogate on the 16 June 2009.

Tony

If you are only doing work for your family, & you are obviously fully qualified & competent, do you really need to give a certificate & be registered? surely they would not need a certificate in this case? Just a thought.

Couple of guys I used to work with at BG resigned rather than go through all the disciplinary bull. They used to do jobs together every weekend everybody knew about it. They were from different patches and they eventually got pulled in for misuse of company phones as they spoke to each other at great length.
The FSM added up the amount of time and times they all spoke and pulled in 4 of them and warned them that the amount of time spent on phones meant they were not working etc. Two of the guys chucked it on the spot one is still there and another left a few months later.

I had rescued my sanity by this point and had left 3 years previously! :LOL:

and he wound up getting the sack along with 300 other british gas engineers, and british gas have lost some really good engineers through this.

Its clearly rubbish , but if you want I could ask said union rep...which is gonna be a pain tbh cos there's 4 patches that take in parts of essex, and 3 union reps, and 1 senior, but I'll ask anyway.
I know 2 guys that got sacked recently, 1 for continually not leaving paperwork despite warnings, and another for blatently nicking stock.

The 2 engineers you know of that got sacked, I dont suppose their initials were LB and IR were they?

The 2 engineers you know of that got sacked, I dont suppose their initials were LB and IR were they?

yup, you working on this patch?

yup, you working on this patch?

No but I know an engineer who is. You on that patch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back