Dual Gas Safe Registration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me please if a Gas Safe registered engineer can be registered with more than one organisation?

I was under the impression that the engineer's registration moved with him if he moved to a new employer. However I am being told that as long as the engineer's card is valid, they can be on multiple Gas Safe registers.

Thanks for any input

Regards
Gary

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan,

But can an engineer be on more than one company register? - i.e. be registered with the company he is employed by, but also be registered with another company at the same time?

Cheers

Thanks Dan,

But can an engineer be on more than one company register? - i.e. be registered with the company he is employed by, but also be registered with another company at the same time?

Cheers

I have been Corgi reg with two different companies but not sure about GS.
I don't see why not ?

Sponsored Links
It is not so unusual for an engineer to be registered with several different firms.

Often thats so that a Builder for example can have a G-S registration as that makes them more credible. It can also be argued that if they are doing gas work in their own name then its a requirement but that is not one often advanced.

Many firms act like agents and take call requests from the public and have a selection of engineers they call on to do the work. As above it looks better if they have their own G-S registration and engineers listed.

Tony

By 'employed' do you mean a main employer? ie normal working day?
whilst also doing a private job for another employer / some one else?

the existing employer might have something to say about that!

Having paid for the employee ticket they will own the right to refuse some else to have any benefit from their investment.

If you are self employed and paid for your tickets then thats a different matter, but then you would have your own number?

I must live in a sheltered world as I have never seen an agent listed with their own gas safe number, normally they are using self employed eng to limit their liability, and pay a pittance to the guys for the privilege.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back