gas safe/corgi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
question for the intellectuals regarding corgi

am i right in saying that corgi are still operational for another year for registrations or is it now 100% gas safe register.

reason being done acs couple of eyars ago didnt submit portfollio bit short of jobs im now having to return to mainsteam employment but gas safe will not accept acs acrreditations except for those already registed via corgi.

i dont particularly wish to drive hgv ever again so im stumped on what i should do next.

any ideas welcome

Sponsored Links
Gas safe register for gas, corgi for plumbing,ventilation, part P and general extortion.

Corgi are still the gas registration body for Northern Ireland.
Capita/Gassafe are the gas registration body for mainland uk.

then theres Competent persons scheme :evil:

APHC
Corgi
Napit
plus others run these rip offs

so for companies like mine we have a Gassafe gas registration and a Napit electrical registration

hope that clarifies it for you.

kev

question for the intellectuals regarding corgi

am i right in saying that corgi are still operational for another year for registrations or is it now 100% gas safe register.

reason being done acs couple of eyars ago didnt submit portfollio bit short of jobs im now having to return to mainsteam employment but gas safe will not accept acs accreditation except for those already registed via corgi.

So what about new entrants, Probably you will need to get a copy of your ACS certs from the training center, or get them to send them off.

There must be a way, although the way it's going it could be next year, because so far it looks like Crapita are making a right pigs ear of it.

Sponsored Links
Its not the ACS paper John.

Apparently GS are saying that for new entrants they need an NVQ2 as well as the ACS.

There is possibly a way to work around it.

It may still be possible to get taken on as an operative with an existing firm with just the ACS as CORGI allowed. Then after a year or two it may be possible to obtain your own registration.

Tony

It may still be possible to get taken on as an operative with an existing firm with just the ACS as CORGI allowed. Then after a year or two it may be possible to obtain your own registration.

Tony

yes this is possible as that is what we HAVE done with our apprentice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back