Corgi / Gas safe FAQ

• Thread starter moviemakernow
  • Start date
You will find most Gas safe registered individuals ( I use the term Individuals and not engineers as until Corgi or now gas safe start issuing University degrees to you all then that's what you are!)...

rofl, his other post is equally funny!!! I take it, if this sucker is for real, his new boiler is still gurgling; he can't work out why and the installer doesn't want to know. Feel the schadenfreude.

Sponsored Links
The education system has been dumbed down so much you can probably now get a degree of some kind for good attendance.
Does anyone actually fail anything nowadays?
Instead of pyshin around making students think they are clever? it would probably do a lot of them good to be told they are fkn useless and should consider a "career" in shelf stacking.

With regards to previous questions, perhaps he should follow some engineering principles
From Wikipedia

T]he creative application of scientific principles to design or develop structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes, or works utilizing them singly or in combination; or to construct or operate the same with full cognizance of their design; or to forecast their behavior under specific operating conditions; all as respects an intended function, economics of operation and safety to life and property.

Which a mere gas fitter/heating individual, plumber type person, who left school at 15 could solve in 5 minutes ;)

Well it looks like I've caused a bit of a stink! lol.

I'm not surprised by the response. Swearing at me and name calling just shows how un professional the respondents are. As for getting the problem fixed I've had 4 GAS SAFE registered people come and look at it so far! all scratched their heads and other body parts and all recommended some thing different as the solution one even said I needed a new cylinder stat!!!

Another said the solution would be another power flush using a special chemical at £2000+VAT needless to say he was shown the door. So far 6 GAS SAFE registered individuals including the chap that did the original work have failed to solve the problem.

Well It's now been resolved and by a good old fashioned plumber who is not GAS SAFE registered. The problem was quite simple. The original boiler was a 40 BTU unit about 12Kw and was replaced by an 18KW unit. The flow in the pipes was simply to low for the new higher out put unit.

The hot water was simply boiling in the horizontal section of the pipe before the pump. Switching the pump to speed 2 increased the flow rate and resolved the problem. The increased noise from the pump at speed 2 was just a function of that pump! Simply replaced the pump for a better quality unit and its working fine now.

So a problem created by the GAS SAFE registered installer fitting an over sized replacement boiler and not commissioning it properly. Solved by a experienced good old fashioned plumber. Oh and he him self used the term plumber!

I see that the only suggestion given on this forum was to cut out the offending pipework!!!

As for the individual who wanted to know a bit more about me. I'm a retired Chartered Engineer and yes I have designed/ serviced and built Gas boilers,Gas furnaces and Gas turbines.

As to what I use to charge well it was about £500/hr as a consultant.

I do believe I said about the set-up at the beginnig of all this. (on one of three threads)

Sponsored Links
You earn £500 per hour yet begrudge us earning that in a day !!

I expect you went for the cheapest quote and got what you paid for!

Regardless of anything else op, why are you being such a snob?

Now why would you assume that! I actually used the one that was in the mid range!

All were quoting for the same boiler which eventually only cost £760.00 so how the ones asking for £3600 could justify there pricing is anyone's guess.
Even if I had paid full retail price for the boiler it would only have been £1300.00. As I said in my first post boiler is working fine all system was running nice and hot just that one issue with the noise in the pipe which has now been solved.

Oh and I did not have an issue with paying the chap who fitted the boiler! he was paid in full the amount he agreed to do the work for.

Just to set the record straight CORGI lost out not due to the public (they couldn't give a toss who fix's the boiler) but due to gas installers being ****ed off with there attitude etc. And yes your right just because someone is registered with gsr doesn't mean they are any good at solving installation problems, or that they are honest, but you could always try British Gas :LOL:

As for the individual who wanted to know a bit more about me. I'm a retired Chartered Engineer and yes I have designed/ serviced and built Gas boilers

As to what I use to charge well it was about £500/hr as a consultant.

So yea get £500/hr and yea designe gas boilers, and yea could not even solve yea own problem out.
And all yea had to do is turn up the pump speed, and you have had 6 gas ENGINEERS out,
im not surprised your retired.

Now why would you assume that! I actually used the one that was in the mid range!
probably from the arogant attitude you've shown so far!!

Oh and I did not have an issue with paying the chap who fitted the boiler! he was paid in full the amount he agreed to do the work for.

wasn't aware that anyone here suggested otherwise. must have been in your mind for you to have mentioned it!

With bobdole .

Chartered engineer and you dont even know to turn up a pump.
Very believable post .. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

or he could have read his instruction manual and down rated the boiler to the size he had took out.

maybe mr £500/hr man used to have somebody read for him.

its so sad somebody would need to come on here and brag to a bunch of strangers whom he'll never meet ( we hope) and that he earns £500 p/h! what a sad , sad man :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back