To all CORGI engineers soon to be Gas Safe!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I am currently registered with CORGI and soon need to register with GAS SAFE. I was going to stay registered with CORGI as well as GAS SAFE but think it is outrageous amount of money they are asking for a voluntary registration £120 or so with the early discount. I have just renewed my IPHE which was £64. I think that is more where it should be. Three other engineers I know aren't bothering. Just wondered what other engineers are doing?? Cant see what you are really getting from them! Also I cant belive this is happening so soon and have not seen one advert about it yet to make people aware! Its leaving it wide open for people to carry a CORGI badge and work on gas illegally.
Thanks
Mark.

Sponsored Links
Its a case of registering with gas safe because its law . Dont see the need to register with anyone else.

don't give corgi a penny - parasites leech's call them what you like. they are robbing those idiots that let them

my own gas, electrical , unvented will cost near on 50% more than last year! robbing b'stards

I have to register for gas with Crapita
but i have a choice for electrical so why would i want to pay a defunct gas registrar when for the same price i can join a recocnised eletrical body

As for IPHE or whatever they call themselves this week total waste of time! where were they when the Compentent persons schemes came into being - sitting in the corner afraid to speak up thats where.

Totally agree Namsag but I belive its good to register with bodies to show that you belive in your work and practice. My other point is that there was not enough awareness of CORGI as it was without changing it and there is no advertising of the fact it is changing as yet.

Sponsored Links
Kevindgas, Im with you on that one. I have always had my grievances with CORGI. Its funny how they never have given anything to you for free UNTIL the other day. An unsafe procedures book! Is that a sweetener do you think?? Did everyone else get one??
Thats a good point about the IPHE, sorry, the CIPHE!

Dont need a badge on my van or anywhere else to know that i am good and neither do my customers.
But do agree regards joe public not being educated by advertisment on what is happening

Kevindgas, Im with you on that one. I have always had my grievances with CORGI. Its funny how they never have given anything to you for free UNTIL the other day. An unsafe procedures book! Is that a sweetener do you think?? Did everyone else get one??
Thats a good point about the IPHE, sorry, the CIPHE!

yes got their crappy little handout as well

oh so it's ciphe now then how very pretencious :LOL: still about as much use as a chocolate fireguard i presume!

Did gas, elec and plumbing through the robbing dogs.

Now not sure whats cheapest way to reg unvented?

Best to just pay the minimum, membership overheads are non productive warts next in line to advertising, although advertising is not only non productive but counterproductive as it involves 10 calls a day from other people wanting you to advertise and fraudsters, which means you will be so busy engaged that A you can't take genuin enquiries and B you can't work as you are on the phone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back