quickest way for cat 3 gas student to be corgi regestered?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im a self employed plumber and wish to be corgi regestered.What is the best way to do this? I have mortgage and family,so need to do it within months not years.I found a course for cat 3 called initial gas qualification,then u need 10 weeks with a corgi guy,then acs ccn1.this is 14 weeks in total and about £2500 plus ccn1 which is a few hundred,plus lost earnings,then corgi,so is this the right way to do this?
cheers
ben

Sponsored Links
i did an nvq3 . full time. 28 weeks class work and 11 weeks on placement with local firm.

when finished i got my own corgi no problem. had to show my workplace diaries for the eleven weeks and answer the usual questions they ask.

Course didn't cost me as it was a training for work scheme. but cost me plenty in lost wages .

Currently working part time selfemployed at weekends and nights as i have a good paying job for a company during the week.

how did you get the course payed for? i heard about the government paying for some people to train to be corgi regestered.

The govt have a scheme for people over 6 months unemployed where they fund the cost of training.

Ask at your local job centre . :D

Sponsored Links
Has anyone done the igq initial gas qualification? it leads to the acs,think its the only way when you dont have 6 months to take off?

i was part of a mass redundancy m8 and qualified for the training for work scheme

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back