British gas trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was having a look at a seized on british gas trv at my father in laws house. Had a towel wrapped around it and manly attempts in excess of a jam jar lid tightness to no avail. I have decided to replace the unit itself. Does anyone know where i can buy the complete valve assembly, i only want to replace the air sense part of the trv to save me the hassle of draining the system and it looks as if british gas have made them thier own so no easy swap for a danfoss!

Sponsored Links
BG valves are made my drayton/invensis and are identical to drayton ones bar the name printed on them therefore spares are very easy to get. new heads are available from bg direct (bg have a parts by post service) or look at drayton trvs on screwfix

I very much doubt the fault lies with the head if it's seized. It's normally the body. Tapping the side of the body with a bit of 2x1 can free them up but a jammed TRV is often symptomatic of water quality issues within the heating system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys,

I have bought a complete TRV set and will fit accordingly on Friday. Ah the joy of in laws!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back