British Jobs for British People

• Thread starter Lincsbodger
  • Start date
Cant see any mention of job seekers other than by you.

Benefits your cheap foreign(EU) labour can claim ONCE THEY HAVE AN NI NUMBER, working tax credit, housing benefit, child benefit even if their children are in their home country. Now you will deny that's true ;)

Here is where Karinska brought up job seekers...
and no, i don't deny you can get tax credits for your family back in your home country...due to a reciprocal deal between many EEAs
Karinska wrote:
The books would balance IF

Not when they arrive they haven't. They come to this country for a better life which they get despite the fact that they haven't contributed a penny and have instant access to free medical and dental care, housing, job seeker's allowance etc., you name it, they get it

Sponsored Links
Skitzee, as an experiment. Go to Poland and try and get a job there. When you fail, as you most certainly will, come back to Blighty and take a job paying you the national minimum wage. At the end of this experiment, please let us know how much debt you have got into. Because even if you live in council accomodation, you'll never be able to support yourself on the NMW, without claiming some sort of benefit. Whether it be housing and council tax benefit or working tax credit, family working tax credit. Even then your social life will be next to non existant.
If you have a car or van to get you to your low paid job, you won't have any social life at all as the money you earn will go on keeping your car on the road.
The govt won't sympathise with your plight, simply because your passport will state that your British. You come second or third in the grand scheme of things matey.
Welcome to the real world.

Cant see any mention of job seekers other than by you.

Benefits your cheap foreign(EU) labour can claim ONCE THEY HAVE AN NI NUMBER, working tax credit, housing benefit, child benefit even if their children are in their home country. Now you will deny that's true ;)

Here is where Karinska brought up job seekers...
and no, i don't deny you can get tax credits for your family back in your home country...due to a reciprocal deal between many EEAs
Karinska wrote:
The books would balance IF

Not when they arrive they haven't. They come to this country for a better life which they get despite the fact that they haven't contributed a penny and have instant access to free medical and dental care, housing, job seeker's allowance etc., you name it, they get it

Apologies didn't see that too busy trying to wade through your sticky arguement. ;)

Skitzee, as an experiment. Go to Poland and try and get a job there. When you fail, as you most certainly will, come back to Blighty and take a job paying you the national minimum wage. At the end of this experiment, please let us know how much debt you have got into. Because even if you live in council accomodation, you'll never be able to support yourself on the NMW, without claiming some sort of benefit. Whether it be housing and council tax benefit or working tax credit, family working tax credit. Even then your social life will be next to non existant.
If you have a car or van to get you to your low paid job, you won't have any social life at all as the money you earn will go on keeping your car on the road.
The govt won't sympathise with your plight, simply because your passport will state that your British. You come second or third in the grand scheme of things matey.
Welcome to the real world.

John, firstly WHY would I want to go to Poland?? Secondly, why would I take a minimum wage job, I listened at school and am not a complete berk. IF however i was challenged enough to not be able to get a job that paid more than the minimum...why would i start a family?? What idiot would do that??

edit
And why SHOULD the government care?? They'd already be paying for my inability to earn enough to support myself...why should they do anymore then that?

Sponsored Links
Aj, i have had my runnings with you in the past, but you seem like atleast a modestly intelligent fellow.

Can you tell me why you think immigrant workers are a threat to you?

"" Why are you saying that someone who wants to work here, paying tax towards our economy, should be disallowed?""

The fact is Skitz, that most EU workers that come here are claiming working tax benefit, so it follows that they are not paying tax here. The only tax they pay is NI contributions. On the NMW that doesn't even add up to 10% of the tax benefits they are claiming.
I only mentioned Greec in passing as yet another example of the massive influence the EU has had on our small island.

Fact is Skitz, I stuck in at school too. I'm a fully qualified joiner and also have further qualifications to my name. Yet the construction industry in this country is almost at a standstill. There are various projects up and down the country where the only qualification you need is the ability to speak Polish, Lithuanian, Serbian. Any language as long as it's not English. You have to ask why this situation has been allowed to happen. How long before we are all forced to accept the NMW, stop raising families, etc etc. All this whilst Johnny Foreigner is positively encouraged to settle here.
Labour took their eye off the ball. Surely even you can see that.

They should only be illegible to get back what they paid in. You go to your bank and ask for money you haven't paid in and see what they say.

Have you never known anyone in the UK to claim more in benefits and services than they have paid in tax??

I bet there is a big proportion of people here that do just that...but you're fine with that I take it. As long as Darius Sozblitzski doesn't quote £100 a day on a site.

But our fathers and forefathers have paid in too. What have the immigrants ancestors paid? There should be a qualifying period of 10 years before they become 'equal'.

Darius Sozblitzski? I can't comment on individual cases.

Our ancestors are not us. We don't INHERIT equality. We are each judged on our own actions. I am for equality, you do not seem to be.

We inherited what our forefather have left us. Sadly the immigrants don't like what their forefathers have left them and want to claim ours.

"" Why are you saying that someone who wants to work here, paying tax towards our economy, should be disallowed?""

The fact is Skitz, that most EU workers that come here are claiming working tax benefit, so it follows that they are not paying tax here. The only tax they pay is NI contributions. On the NMW that doesn't even add up to 10% of the tax benefits they are claiming.
I only mentioned Greec in passing as yet another example of the massive influence the EU has had on our small island.

Just looked into your claims...they do not add up.
I just went through their application process..if i was on 12k a year I would be expected to pay £1000 in tax £600 in NI and I get tax credits of £560...where did you get your figures that I would only be paying £56 or less a year in tax??

Fact is Skitz, I stuck in at school too. I'm a fully qualified joiner and also have further qualifications to my name. Yet the construction industry in this country is almost at a standstill. There are various projects up and down the country where the only qualification you need is the ability to speak Polish, Lithuanian, Serbian. Any language as long as it's not English. You have to ask why this situation has been allowed to happen. How long before we are all forced to accept the NMW, stop raising families, etc etc. All this whilst Johnny Foreigner is positively encouraged to settle here.
Labour took their eye off the ball. Surely even you can see that.

John, you may be a good joiner but yopu are not showing much economic knowledge..
it is not possible for everyone to be on the NMW..

We inherited what our forefather have left us. Sadly the immigrants don't like what their forefathers have left them and want to claim ours.

...Your forefathers left you 'Hand Car Wash' jobs??

This is all nationalist nonsense Joe.

You ancestors only left you stuff they left you, they cannot leave you the country as it wasn't theres to give.

You ancestors only left you stuff they left you, they cannot leave you the country as it wasn't theres to give.

Nearly all our infrastructure is Victorian - railways, bridges, tunnels, sewers. We are still living on past glories of when we had an empire. Read a little history mate.

Aj, i have had my runnings with you in the past, but you seem like atleast a modestly intelligent fellow.

Can you tell me why you think immigrant workers are a threat to you?

How gracious of you.
They're not a threat to me as i've been pulling my own socks most of my working life.

I do however think cheap imported labour is destructive, you brought the corn wars/laws into this thread. I spent sometime re-reading the events surrounding the corn wars again into the early hours, seems history continues to repeat itself.

Some business leaders will happily exploit their workers or customers or both some wont.

I wonder, do you argue in favour of imported labour because you use it?

I import goods from countries where the Yuan, Euro, Dollar earned go further than they do here. Perhaps you think that's exploitation whereas, I think it fair, but of course that doesn't mean I'm right.

Nearly all our infrastructure is Victorian - railways, bridges, tunnels, sewers. We are still living on past glories of when we had an empire. Read a little history mate.

Tell me what bit was paid for by your direct descendant then mate if you know the history so well.

My dad built a conservatory for someone when I was younger...is that mine too?

BTW ****ing myself laughing at the irony that you brought up the railways (largely built by immigrants) to use as our joint inheritence.

Why aren't all countries equal then? According to your daft logic they should be shouldn't they?

Sponsored Links
Back