Britony 2T pilot problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot seems to me to be weak (I am no expert but it appears weak to me). Moreover once lit, it wont stay on (the lighting knob has not been turned further than the piezo operate position). Once lit, the flame just peters out. If anyone can suggest which part is likely to be the problem, I could order it and have it ready for a fitter to come over and fit it.

Sponsored Links
OK. Looked up the fault guide. Could be dirty/blocked injector or blocked pilot head or faulty pilot tube or wrong injector.

There can be several causes including low gas supply pressures.

However forum rules do not allow us to give advice on gas related repairs here.

So you need to call a gas safe registered person but when choosing one check that they are familiar with repairs to this model as many are not as they were mostly fitted some while ago as the function has been largely devolved to combi boilers.

Tony

Its a common fault,your gas tech will know how to unblock the pilot tube,usually no pilot spares required.

As your gas tech will have to remove the case,a new case seal (some times called a gasket) may be required it will be examined very carefully (i hope) before case refitting,maybe search availability of this seal before calling a repair person.

good luck.

Sponsored Links
well he may have fitted it in the first place,so who cares,

Diy work is always diy work :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back