Britony Combi 100 - No Hot Water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me step by step instructions on how I go about checking the DHW flow switch before I purchase a new one. Just wanted to check it wasn't limescaled up as I've not been able to afford to have boiler serviced for 2 years (I know..Bad). I basically need to know how I go about turning off water/power etc and how I take it out so I don't have any accidents!

The symptoms are; when I turn hot taps on, the radiators warm up instead!

One thing I should mention is I did have a small leak (losing water pressure all time) but seemed to have fixed it with a radiator sealant added to radiators. Could this have caused a problem with the DHW flow switch in any way?

Thank you :confused:

Sponsored Links
if a hot tap brings on the boiler then it sounds like a failed ( or stuck ) diverter valve.

Anyone who needs step by step instructions may lack the necessary skills to repair a boiler as unexpected causes/problems can arise!

Tony

Ok Tony...point taken! Only need to know if I just turn power off and the water inlet off, and drain off from DHW circuit drain point.

Where would the diverter valve be as there is no mention of it in the manual - could it be the 3-way valve?

Sponsored Links
time to get it serviced it could be the water throttle head dout its the 3 way valve. look up the gas safe web site there you can a qualefied engineer who will fix it and give it a long over due service, easy repair for the pro. remember a boiler needs tlc just like a car from time to time you have get you wallet out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back