britony system plus2 nat gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all . I'v replaced the pcb in the above gas boiler about three weeks ago and now nothing at all is happening. i am a RGI but never worked on this boiler before. being on to mts arstion they advise replacing the pcb again. open to ideas. some times when you turn it on the standby light gives a glimmer of light for 1/2 second. the pump does not run and is not getting power

Sponsored Links
Did you use a genuine new pcb, or a reconditioned one?

Have you checked all the connections are good and in the correct place?

Hi dave many thanks for responding. Iv read a lot of your info. Do have problems with suprima boilers and prima boilers. Yes always genuine parts and have called back on friday. Could not get boiler to work at all. I have instructions but no fault finding. No movement ib boiler at all.

What Britony system is it? 1 or 2?

Full MI's are available on the chaff web site, if not e-mail me from your profile and I will e-mail you a copy.

Apart from logically following the path of voltage to see where it stops and to a basic repairer like me that means if the power is there to the pcb, but no power is coming out of anywhere on the pcb, then I would take the board back and get another one.

Don't forget rule 1. NEVER assume a new bit is working ;)

Sponsored Links
hi dave its system plus 2. it worked for about two-three weeks. Checked all fuses on the board and all fine. Dead right about the new part!!!! if the high limit stat was gone would that allow anything at all to happen. I have no functional flow for this boiler.
Regards
Tommy

As said, full instructions on the chaff site or send me your e-mail address.

Do you have power on the pump terminals on the pcb?

Fault finding says that if green light is on, on the facia and no power here, change the pcb or driver board.

How do i send you my details The chaff site keeps bringing up ariston. The green light does not stay on
Regards

Tommy

You can e-mail me from my profile. Click on my screen name to get there.

hi all the problem with this boiler was the ignition pcb board. Replaced it and it worked fine. I really dont like boilers with two pcb's. Boiler going fine since

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back