Broadband and landline contract

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are both over 60 using Plusnet for landline and internet. both have mobiles, running on 1p mobile for occasional use. Our contract with Plusnet ends on 11 Feb. Can anyone recommend a source where we can get fixed up with landline and internet for (say) a year to give us time to get used to using our mobiles everyday. I run Win 10 modestly mainly for Email etc., both PC and Landline 'phone do not get heavy use.

Sponsored Links
I am currently with EE , £23 a month for broadband, and also with EE have sim only contract mobile phones for me and the wife at £17 a month for the pair, unlimited calls and text and as a EE broadband customer get a boost to 9Gig of data monthly.

Vodafone also do a deal on broadband,home phone, and mobile , sometimes worth looking at the comparison sites and uswitch.
Plusnet are owned by BT FYI -
is your email address part of the broadband deal , often people signup to broadband and also start to use the email from the suppler, which presents issue in the future, as often if you change broadband you either lose the email address or have to pay to continue to use.

We are both over 60 using Plusnet for landline and internet. both have mobiles, running on 1p mobile for occasional use. Our contract with Plusnet ends on 11 Feb. Can anyone recommend a source where we can get fixed up with landline and internet for (say) a year to give us time to get used to using our mobiles everyday. I run Win 10 modestly mainly for Email etc., both PC and Landline 'phone do not get heavy use.
How much are you currently spending on landline/broadband/mobiles?

Sponsored Links
About £40 a month.
Was looking at John Lewis Broadband with Phone ? otl.

I am with Vodafone, which is about £22/mo, my wife has a Vodafone mobile with a cheap contract - total monthly Vodafone bill for mobile, telephone and internet is £32.50.
We get about 37Mb/s download, which will be ample for your needs.

i also got a £3 a month reduction by having a mobile contract at £11 a month with vodafone (unlimited text, calls & 2GB data), could have been £8 but that was not allowed to be used abroad, which we expected to do a few times in 2020 - but didn't.
Broadband = £19 @ about 35Mb/s plus i also pay extra for free landline/mobile calls, answerphone, call waiting etc

I am with Vodafone, which is about £22/mo, my wife has a Vodafone mobile with a cheap contract - total monthly Vodafone bill for mobile, telephone and internet is £32.50.
We get about 37Mb/s download, which will be ample for your needs.
We are with Vodafone broadband although they mucked up getting our existing number and it took three weeks to get back. They gave us a reduction on the bill and it has remained at just over £17 a month! We both have 'three' mobiles with unlimited calls - they work out at around £6 a month so we use them to phone out at home unless it’s a freephone number. We get 36Mbs.

At the moment, Vodafone are offering 63Mbs for the same price as the 35Mbs at £23 a month on a 2 year contract. Buy that through TopCashback and you’ll get £63 back too. Three are offering a 12Gb sim only deal for 8 a month with unlimited calls and texts for £8 a month. Buy that through TopCashback and get £27 cash back too. If I was in the market for a broadband and mobile deal, that’s what I’d get.

Thanks for that, my problem is though that my wife can't get away with mobiles, so we need a landline too. My mobile , and hers, both run on 1pMobile which is OK for the amount they are used.
We also need a landline contract, together with broadband unfortunately.

Thanks for that, my problem is though that my wife can't get away with mobiles, so we need a landline too. My mobile , and hers, both run on 1pMobile which is OK for the amount they are used.
We also need a landline contract, together with broadband unfortunately.
The Vodafone broadband does come with a phone line - you just have to pay for the calls. Nothing to recieve calls though. If you want a call package too, you can get super fast broadband, unlimited landline and mobile calls and one years free Apple TV for £31 a month. You can get £80 back by going through this link https://discountcode.dailymail.co.uk/gad/vodafone-broadband?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=vodafone broadband discount&utm_content=&utm_matchtype=e&utm_creative=487586492596&utm_campaign=UK[S[DailyMail_02018]]: Vodafone Broadband]

I always use uSwitch for finding different options.

Vodafone is one of the worst for complaints, which does put me, personally, off even though you're most likely to not have any issues with any provider.

Vodafone is one of the worst for complaints
i thought talk talk was near the bottom of the list.
However, when i was with talktalk, getting things sorted was very difficult to the point I had to write to the ceo to get things done.
Vodafone who did make a few errors on 1st install with the pricing and timing , the front line staff seemed to have the authority to at least get things resolved. BUT that was a year ago, things change. I used talktalk from 2006 to 2019 they just got worse and worse each year at renewal
https://www.lovemoney.com/news/12418/uks-worst-broadband-provider-talktalk-plusnet-bt
EE / Plusnet are owned by BT
I renew with vodafone in about 6 mths so we will have to see who i change to , probably EE as they seem to be a good price and service. I nearly went to orange about 8/10 years ago when reviewing services

I hated Vodafone, awful in every way. Not just screwing up my bills and overcharging me, but also the trivial little things that made them a pain. If I remember right you had to use CAPITALS for your email address to log into their website. Which is just madness, utter madness. I won't say that I'll never use them again but it's going to be a long time.

About £40 a month.
Was looking at John Lewis Broadband with Phone ? otl.

That's a lot for what you are getting...

Remember - landline/internet/mobile suppliers can all negotiate on the monthly charge, talk to them.

I'm with Plusnet for landline/Internet, but do not make any calls on the landline. I negotiated for £20.70 per month on that on an 18 month contract, with unlimited fibre at 40Mbs. There first offer for renewal was £27 per month, then £24.99.

Plusnet subscribers are offered a cheap mobile service, unlimited call +texts, with 4Gb per month - I pay £6.09 per month for that. EE actually provide the service. I don't rent to buy phones, I buy one outright.

is your email address part of the broadband deal , often people signup to broadband and also start to use the email from the suppler, which presents issue in the future, as often if you change broadband you either lose the email address or have to pay to continue to use.

Often they threaten to cut the old address off, unless you pay them, but most just leave them running even if you don't pay. Tiscali, now Talktalk whom I left several years ago tried the threats, but it still works - when I can be bothered to check in. The address was flooded with spam, due to TT having customer details hacked whilst I was with them. That, plus the very poor Internet service, plus useless customer service - was a good reason to move to Plusnet around 5 years ago. All has been great with Plusnet since then.

Sponsored Links
Back