Broag Quinta 65 or Viesmann 200W 60Kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On another thread I was discussing whether I should fit 2 x 30Kw boilers or one 60Kw boiler. I have now made the decision to go for the one boiler and have all but made up my mind regarding the product to go for.

I am leaning toward a Viesmann along with the weather compensation but I have just read a post where an installer is really rating the Broag Quinta.

My current gas bills are eye watering and what I am looking for is realibilty, reliability, quality and then price. If there is a better boiler that is more reliable then I still have time to listen :)

I have no idea what the price difference is between the relevant Vitoden compared to the Vitocrossal 300 and have just been told it would not be worth doing?? That is my only reason for not comparing it with the Broag.

Regards
glojo

Sponsored Links
I'd go for the Broag Remeha Quinta 65 it has a massive turn-down ratio and is a piece of ckae to strip down & service and is as reliable as any HE boiler out there!! ;)

also comes with advanced controls such as i-sense which is weather compensator/optimiser/Room influence unit rolled into one

Quinta all day.it's a class in front of any viesman product.

Sponsored Links
Looking pretty one sided so far and have you guys had experience of both products? :)

I am only asking this to get a rounded picture and I do not want a slanging match if mysteryman or anyone else recommends Viesmann. What I am after is a constructive comparison and the reasons why I should choose one over the other.

At the moment I have an open vented system and would prefer to go for the sealed\pressurised option (I hope that is the right termology)

The installer that recommends the Broag states that because the system is over 45Kw then I will have to have an autofil system but from my research it would appear that this is only required for a commercial 'non house' situation. I am NO EXPERT and I might be reading this incorrectly, but if I do opt for the Broag then I do not want to be a walk over.

I have gone for four estimates but in 14 days only two have really been serious over wanting the job.

One installer suggested to leave the system as is but my gas bills alone are over £1k per quarter which means by replacing the old Potterton Kingfisher CF 180 I would be making significant savings

the problem is not many of use have installed light commercial boilers. I have installed a viessmann 200w 35kw system boiler and that works well though i have had to make a warranty call on it.

if it was me quoting on it, then it would be two domestic boilers.

the cost of spares for commercial stuff is hellish.

the problem is not many of use have installed light commercial boilers. I have installed a viessmann 200w 35kw system boiler and that works well though i have had to make a warranty call on it.

if it was me quoting on it, then it would be two domestic boilers.

the cost of spares for commercial stuff is hellish.

Thanks mehran and I fully understand your very valid point and if I were to go for two Viesmann 100's then I would get a five year warranty but unfortunately that warranty only applies to that range.

Going for two boilers is going to be a big gamble regarding reliability, and running costs. As far as I know there is not a way of running them in an intelligent mode. ie if there is only a need for one boiler, then only one would automatically switch on.

These remarks are only made from my own very limited research and I would love to be contradicted :)

Vaillant ecomax(Eco tec plus) 65 is also worth a shout.

Fitted plenty of each as approves installer and commissioning eng for remeha and Vaillant.

Autofil,don't bother with mikrofil to expensive try flowmech at Leicester or GM Trebble at Wolves.

would not say there was no intelligent way of doing it. there is a few good ways of doing it in my view.

would not say there was no intelligent way of doing it. there is a few good ways of doing it in my view.
Please feel free to post your comments as I much prefer to hear fresh ideas before I agree to an installer doing the job.

I live in the West Country and I guess this job is not an everyday occurence for most installers and it is possible that there is a lack of expertise in this field, hence my asking lots of questions.

depends on the job...

have the first boiler doing ch heating only with the second heating the hot water tank and the heating but through a delay relay.

if the first boiler can't meet the heating demand within 'X' time slot the second boiler will be brought in.

in mild weather the first boiler will be enough for the ch demand and the second will be kept busy with just doing dhw re-heating.

if the first boiler fails the second will be brought in anyway as it can meet the CH demand in the time slot.

if the second fails then you only loss DHW(but you can still set it up for the first boiler to take over any way)

dont want to go in to anymore detail as I am not doing the job but there is ways of doing it and has been done before.

dont want to go in to anymore detail as I am not doing the job but there is ways of doing it and has been done before.
I fully understand this very valid point, plus it is a Sunday afternoon which should be a day of rest for you guys..

Thank you for taking the time to respond

The trouble is normally if you were to cascade your boilers you would have 2x45kw for a 60kw load(2/3 load,1/3 redundancy).

Never really been a fan of one boiler for heating,one for hot water.

If one good quality boiler can surface then why bother with 2.
Many domestic installers see it as the easy way into large system as they cant install above 70kw.

gotta admit i am viessmann contractor and alls i install is viessmann on a domestic scale. yet if i was gonna go larger. i would have to say quinta. but one point thats been missed is even under 70kw. pretty sure the boilers your sugesting require a commercial ticket. as there classed commercial. and 2x boilers on a header would give more of a reliability factor.

The trouble is normally if you were to cascade your boilers you would have 2x45kw for a 60kw load(2/3 load,1/3 redundancy).

Never really been a fan of one boiler for heating,one for hot water.

If one good quality boiler can surface then why bother with 2.
Many domestic installers see it as the easy way into large system as they cant install above 70kw.
You are confirming all my research regarding the cascading of boilers and buying two 45kw units is just plain overkill.

I am grateful for the input of the domestic installers and I completely understand why they are recommending the two 30kw option. It is crazy for anyone to talk about anything outside of their comfort zone and as has already been stated, most folks here are domestic installers that do not usually come across commercial type boilers.

I appreciate all the advice being offered... I am listening to everything and making my own judgements regarding the information that is very kindly being offered.

Having read up on the I-Sense it looks like it is similar to the 200-W advanced weather compensation gizzmo but I obviously stand to be corrected on that issue. (I am on morphine medication and might not be taking everything in)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back