BROKEN BASKETBALL STAND BACKBOARD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

unfortunately i didnt fill up the base with water when i bought this and when it fell the rim hit the floor and shattered the backboard at first - some ductape was put in place as a temp measure but now its just totally broken in big pieces

wondering if anybody had advice on how to fix as i cant afford a brand new stand

at first i thought replace backboard with a plain piece of acyclic but the side screws are really worn.
now im thinking replace just the middle bit with some acyclic - circled below and insert 2 screws into 2 ready made holes that happen to be on the backboard.....

but im sure there are better and more cost effective ideas!!!

broken board

screws inside looked really worn ie threads non existent pretty much

buy a smaller piece of acrylic for the yellow section and put 2 screws in 2 holes that happen to be there to hold (circled red) ???

other pics:

Sponsored Links
Take off hoop.
Cover back plate with 18mm shuttering ply and paint.
Refit hoop.

If your lucky you might find the ply in a skip.

Andy

i dont even think the hoop needs to come off andy if im right?

the backboard isnt a complete square if u get what i meant...there is a little section in bottom middle missing for the hoop...

Sponsored Links
what type of glue do you recommend?

i think it needs to be held in place by the bottom black bit but as i say screws are really worn out :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back