Broken Bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've got an in-line bathroom fan and light fitting above my shower cubicle, the light works fine but the fan has stopped working. I've been up in the loft and found the part number and located the product:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Extractor-Fan+Light-Kit-with-Timer-100mm/p/199801

Need to spend more time up there to see how it's wired up as half of it is under loft insulation, but I have found a transformer which is also connected into it (see image). Obviously I can replace the entire thing but wondered if I could fix it, is the transformer linked to the fan in any way or is that only for the light part of it (and if it is then there's no point replacing it as light is working fine).

Any thoughts please?

Attachments

• IMG_6605.PNG
    IMG_6605.PNG
    577.2 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
Had the same fan and light they are independent however the fan is not the best and when it failed it was a case of remove bath and lift floor boards and bath is cast iron, or remove ceiling to replace. So replace with one that fitted in the ceiling hole instead of the lamp. Now only 3 lamps in bathroom. Also that transformer not suitable for LED lamps.

Cant see is being a problem to replace as it's all accessible in the loft albeit a bit awkward. If they're independent I can just replace the fan part of it and leave the existing light and keep the new one in case that also goes, but my main question is really is this fixable by replacing the transformer or any other means, as you said it's not suitable for LED lamps then I'm guessing that only is related to the light and not the fan so that can't be the issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back