Broken Button Flush Cistern - How do I fix? Pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Hope someone can help.

The flush button on my toilet has stopped working - I think the spring might be gone.

Pictures are here: here

Since I moved into the flat, this toilet has never flushed correctly. It has always been really weak, and the white piece on the left (see the last image) seems to refill the cistern using a thin jet/spray of water, so it takes an insanely long time between flushes.

Is this the way it’s meant to be? Is it just a crap (excuse the pun) toilet?
Is it easy enough to simply replace the flush mechanism in the cistern?

The flushing valve seems to be made by SIAMP, but I don’t know where to identify the model number or anything else.

Sorry if my questions are stupid, I’ve never done any of this before.

Thanks very much in advance for anyone who takes the time to respond.

Mark,

P:S: The dark smears at the bottom of the cistern are my wife’s hair-clips (they turn up everywhere) which have fallen in and rusted.

Sponsored Links
change the bit on the left for a fluidmaster and the cistern should have a 6 litre line marked on the inside, make sure its filled to the line and the flush should be a lot better, you might be better to change the flush mechanism while your working on the cistern although it means removing it from the toilet.

Hello mate, thanks very much for your reply.

If I buy this, would it do? I take it this would fix the button and improve the flush?

I don't mind taking it apart, I'm sure I saw a decent how-to guide on here somewhere.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back