Broken Lock - Front Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Hi guys, i think the lock to my front door is broken. When I opened the front door I lifted the handle upwards because it seemed to be sticking, then there was a noise and the handle just went loose.

Now non of the lock points are moving when I turn the handle.

What's wrong, and how much would a lock smith charge?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
more info needed here i think,is this a plastic door with multi locking?

Sponsored Links
iirc this was asked fairly recently on the forum,do a search on multi locking.

Had a similar problem myself recently. I figured it was a job for the locksmith but when I looked at the lock and found the name it turned out there was a supplier of the very locking mechanism just round the corner. Very easy to change they are: just undo the screw for the Euro cylinder (if that's what you have) then remove the door handle, then there should be several screws that hold the locking mech. into the door. I managed to get an improved five point lock mech to replace my old 3 point and the lot cost about £45 inc. new handle. Probably less than the locksmiths call out charge alone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back